Camille Bachrach joined Ropes & Gray’s New York office in 2021 in the Litigation & Enforcement group. Camille’s practice includes a diverse range of civil government enforcement matters, internal investigations, regulatory matters, and assisting private equity firms on a range of anti-corruption and international risk issues. Camille also supports the firm’s pro bono efforts.
Camille graduated from George Washington University Law School with honors and was an articles editor for the Federal Communications Law Journal, where her note was published in Volume 72.2. She was an active member of the Jewish Students Law Association, serving as vice president of programming for the 2018-2019 academic year, and was also chosen to be a Constitutional Law II tutor.
While a summer associate at Ropes & Gray in 2019, Camille won the award for completing the most pro bono hours of her New York summer class. Before attending law school, Camille was a litigation paralegal at a large law firm in New York, during which she was seconded to the National Football League for a period of time.
- Represents Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in Civil Investigative Demand by DOJ; advises of risk under Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represents private equity companies in connection with SEC examinations and enforcement matters, including responses to exams, deficiency letters, and investigative subpoenas.
- Representation of various health care companies in investigations by DOJ into allegations of potential False Claims Act violations.
- Advising pharmaceutical company on FTC Second Requests.
- Conducted an internal investigation for large oil company regarding historical relationship with former foreign head-of-state; advised of risk under U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and recommended best practices moving forward.
Anti-Corruption Investigation and Diligence
- Analyzed FCPA and litigation risk through pre-investment due diligence on behalf of private equity firms and strategic buyers.
- Conducts due diligence media investigations of target companies in high-risk markets for private equity firms.
- Assists private equity firms in conducting anti-corruption monitoring of their portfolio companies to assess status of compliance programs and current risk levels.
- Provides intake services for individuals seeking asylum; representation of asylees in the naturalization process.