Jeff Bashara is a corporate associate in the Boston office of Ropes & Gray.
Mr. Bashara advises clients regarding corporate governance, financings, securities filings, and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Bashara counsels private companies, public companies, and private equity funds in these transactions, including U.S. and foreign entities, across a wide variety of industries.
While in law school, Mr. Bashara served as executive editor on the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Mr. Bashara was employed by another leading global law firm.
- Represented Vertex Pharmaceuticals in its US$48 million acquisition of a novel G protein-coupled receptors program from Septerna, Inc.
- Represented Crosspoint Capital Partners in its US$870 million acquisition of Absolute Software Corporation, a leading provider of endpoint and zero-trust cybersecurity products and services.
- Represented Pfizer in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of Trillium Therapeutics, a clinical stage immuno-oncology company, and in its US$11.6 billion acquisition of and spinoff transaction with Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company Ltd., the maker of NURTEC® ODT (rimegepant), an innovative migraine therapy approved for both acute treatment and prevention of episodic migraine in adults.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in its sale of U.S. and Canadian rights for a multiple sclerosis treatment.
- Represented HP Inc. in its US$3.3 billion acquisition of Poly, a leading global provider of workplace collaboration solutions, and in its acquisition of Teradici Corporation, a global innovator in remote computing software.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in its acquisition of Venclose, a provider of solutions for the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency.
- Represented Sculptor Capital Management, a leading global alternative asset manager and a specialist in opportunistic investing, in its US$720 million sale to Rithm Capital Corp.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in its global sale of a first-generation antipsychotic treatment.
- Represented a prominent orthopedics company in its acquisition of CrossRoads Extremity Systems, a developer of procedure-specific, sterile-packed implants and instruments for foot and ankle surgery.
- Represented National Financial Partners in its acquisition of Private Ocean, a leading fiduciary wealth management firm.
- Represented Altimeter Growth Corporation in its US$40 billion merger with Grab Holdings, Southeast Asia’s leading super-app for ride-hailing, deliveries, and financial services.
- Represented Ginkgo Bioworks in its acquisition of Altar, a French biotechnology company that has developed a proprietary adaptive evolution platform.