Zach Blume focuses his practice on representing public companies in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions. In addition, Zach regularly advises public company clients on securities law compliance and governance issues.
Business Combination Transactions
- Represented TravelCenters of America in its $1.3 billion sale to BP.
- Represented GI Partners in its acquisition of Atlas Technical Consultants.
- Represented Wright Medical N.V. in its $5.4 billion sale to Stryker.
- Represented Radius Health in its sale to Gurnet Point Capital and Patient Square Capital.
- Represented a special committee of the board of Akcea Therapeutics in connection with the sale of Akcea to Ionis Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented a special committee of the board of AlerisLife Inc. in connection with AlerisLife's sale to ABP Acquisition.
- Represented Galderma in its acquisition of ALASTIN Skincare and sale of Alchemee.
- Represented Shire in its $32 billion combination with Baxalta for a combination of cash and stock and its acquisition of Dyax Corporation for $5.9 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented NxStage Medical in its $2 billion sale to Fresenius Medical Care Holdings.
- Represented Town Fair Tire in its sale to Mavis Tire Express Services.
- Represented Max Finkelstein, Inc. in its sale to U.S. AutoForce.
- Represented HiberCell in its acquisition of Genuity Science.
- Represented Vertex Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Exonics Therapeutics.
- Represented Visterra, Inc. in its sale to Otsuka Pharmaceutical.
- Represented Novanta Inc. in its acquisition of ATI Industrial Automation.
- Represented Alexion Pharmaceuticals Corp. in its acquisitions of Wilson Therapeutics and Enobia Pharma Corp.
- Represented Champion Enterprises Holdings in its business combination transaction with Skyline Corporation.
- Represented Cubist Pharmaceuticals in its sale to Merck for $9.5 billion and in its simultaneously announced acquisitions of Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Trius Therapeutics, Inc. for cash and contingent value rights valued at $801 million and $818 million, respectively.
- Represented Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited in its $2.3 billion sale to WestRock Company.
- Represented Genzyme Corporation in its sale to Sanofi for $20.1 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented Entegris, Inc. in its $1.15 billion acquisition of ATMI, Inc.
- Represented Reebok International Ltd. in its sales of The Rockport Company and Mitchell & Ness.
- Represented Timberland Company in its $2.23 billion sale to V.F. Corporation.
- Represented Synageva BioPharma Corp. in its acquisition, through a reverse merger, of Trimeris, Inc.
Capital Markets Transactions
- Represented Rallybio in its $92 million initial public offering and subsequent follow-on equity offering.
- Represented MiNK Therapeutics in its initial public offering.
- Represented Blackstone Life Sciences in strategic financing collaborations with Alnylam, PTC Therapeutics and Harmony Biosciences.
- Represented The Hanover Insurance Group in multiple registered offerings of senior notes.
- Represented Skyline Champion Corporation and the selling shareholders in follow-on offerings with total proceeds in excess of $800 million.
- Represented Synageva BioPharma Corp. in follow-on offerings with total proceeds of over $750 million.
- Represented Aegerion Pharmaceuticals in its issuance of $350 million of convertible notes.
- Represented the underwriters in a $750 million convertible note offering by Incyte Corporation.
- Represented the underwriters in the IPOs of bluebird bio, Inc. and Foundation Medicine, Inc., as well as several follow-on equity offerings.