Alex Chauvin is a partner in the asset management group in London.
Alex’s practice focuses on various areas of corporate law, including representing investment managers in all aspects of their business and operations and with a particular emphasis on the formation of U.S. and European private alternative investment funds and structuring and executing secondaries transactions.
With respect to secondaries transactions, Alex’s experience spans across advising on GP-led solutions, fund restructurings, portfolio sales and other liquidity solutions, in both the U.S. and Europe. Secondaries Investor named Alex to its 2020 list of the “Next Gen Leaders of Secondaries.”
Alex joined Ropes & Gray in 2022, and was previously in the investment funds practice with another major global law firm.
- AlpInvest on a $1bn continuation fund involving a multi-asset recapitalization of OEP Fund VI and co-invest vehicles.
- Hamilton Lane as the lead investor in a $360 million continuation fund involving Asian assets managed by L Catterton.
- HarbourVest as the co-lead investor in a Fund III recap/continuation fund managed by Oakley Capital involving a single asset in Germany.
- AlpInvest as the lead investor in a single-asset continuation fund managed by GHO Capital. The deal also involved Partners Group as a minority acquirer of the asset, Sterling Pharma Solutions.
- Montana Capital as the co-lead investor in a continuation fund deal involving 50 co-investments.
- Coller Capital as co-lead investor in the $1 billion strategic recapitalization of Leeds Equity Partners VII, L.P. involving the transfer of Exterro, Inc. to a newly-formed continuation vehicle
- A leading California-based investment firm in the formation of its approximately $7 billion flagship fund as well as its latest flagship fund, approximated at $12 billion*
- One of the world’s largest credit asset managers in the formation of its $4.5 billion energy focused credit fund*
- A leading California-based investment firm with respect to two single-asset GP-led deals which involved the transfer of the Ivanti and Wheels Pro portfolio companies to newly created continuation funds*
- A GP-led, single-asset deal, transferring Allied Universal, a Warburg Pincus Fund XI portfolio company, into a newly created $1.4 billion continuation fund*
- Warburg Pincus in the formation of a new private equity fund backed by leading secondary market participants and which raised approximately $1.2 billion of capital to acquire minority interests in 29 Asian portfolio investments held by Warburg Pincus’ $11 billion Fund XI*
- A Canadian pension fund in connection with its secondary market sale of a portfolio of private equity fund interests to a European private investment company for approximately US$1.1 billion*
- Committed Advisors as the lead investor in a fund recapitalization;* and in its purchases of fund interests from institutional sellers*
- A Canadian secondaries investor in connection with their preferred investment in a credit fund managed by AIC*
- Kinderhook Industries, LLC in its $460 million recapitalization of Kinderhook Capital Fund III, L.P.*
*Representations prior to joining Ropes & Gray