Amy Chappel is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s mergers & acquisitions group. She advises public and private companies and investors on domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and tender offers. Amy also advises clients on strategic matters, securities laws, corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
- Represented Sigilon Therapeutics, Inc. in its acquisition by Eli Lilly and Company.
- Represented a leading medical technology company in multiple transactions.
- Represented StrideBio, Inc. in multiple asset divestitures.
- Represented Cambrex Corporation, a leading manufacturer of small molecule innovator and generic active pharmaceutical ingredients, in its acquisition of Snapdragon Chemistry, Inc.
- Represented Radius Health, Inc. in its acquisition by Gurnet Point and Patient Square.
- Represented Medtronic plc in its acquisition of Affera, Inc., a cardiac ablation solutions company.
Corporate Governance and Shareholder Activism
- Represents Castanea Partners LLC on an ongoing basis with respect to corporate governance and general corporate matters relating to its investment in Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams, LLC, a retailer and wholesaler of branded artisanal ice creams.
- Represented Radius Health, Inc. in a proxy contest with an activist investor.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a proxy contest with an activist investor.