Andrew Cashmore is an associate in the litigation & enforcement group. He focuses his practice on cases involving a broad array of corporate and commercial disputes, with an emphasis on securities and shareholder litigation. He also has experience advising clients on government investigations, conducting internal investigations, and representing clients in white collar and regulatory proceedings.
Andrew also maintains an active pro bono practice. He has represented several individuals in criminal cases through the Southern District of New York's Criminal Justice Act Panel, and authored or co-authored multiple amicus briefs concerning reproductive rights to the United States Supreme Court and various federal appellate courts. In 2017 and 2019, Andrew was named one of the recipients of the Amicus Service Award from the International Municipal Lawyers Association.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Andrew was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Robin S. Rosenbaum of the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as a litigation associate in the New York and London offices of another international law firm.
- Represented leading financial institution in connection with a class action lawsuit brought by purported trafficking victims, alleging novel claims under the Trafficking and Violence Protection Act and related business torts.
- Represented public technology company in AAA commercial arbitration concerning $100 million claim for earnout payments allegedly due under a purchase agreement.
- Represented leading healthcare company in connection with a class action lawsuit brought in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York alleging violations of Section 11 of the Securities Act of 1933 and related claims.
- Represented founder of leading energy metals company in commercial litigation against co-founder and business partner in various state court proceedings.
- Represented Deutsche Bank in a highly-publicized trial victory stemming from the going private transaction involving Dole Food Company, Inc.*
- Represented Perrigo Co. in federal securities litigation filed in multiple federal U.S. District Courts.*
- Represented Goldman Sachs in connection with a class action lawsuit brought in the Delaware Court of Chancery by shareholders of ExamWorks Group Inc. in connection with the private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners’ $2.2 billion acquisition of ExamWorks.*
- Represented a public company and its Board of Directors in a securities class action dispute in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.*
- Advised multiple public companies in connection with investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission.*
- Conducted multiple internal investigations of high-level executives of public companies.*
*Representations denoted with an asterisk were completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray.