Chelsea is a partner in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s asset management group. Chelsea represents investment management industry clients in a wide variety of regulatory, compliance, and transactional aspects of their businesses. She assists registered funds, private funds and their sponsors with fund structuring and formation, fund reorganizations, negotiation of service provider agreements, and ongoing compliance and operational matters. Chelsea also has extensive experience advising boards of U.S. registered funds on governance and fiduciary oversight matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2019, Chelsea practiced at another large international law firm, where her clients included U.S. registered investment companies, investment advisers, and independent board members.
- Advises clients on investment company registration and status issues under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Advises clients on SEC filings for U.S. registered funds, including registration statements, shareholder reports, exemptive applications, and proxy statements.
- Advises PIMCO on private fund formation and offering matters and all aspects of day-to-day operations, including side letter negotiations, compliance matters, and service provider arrangements. Represents PIMCO and its registered closed-end funds in a variety of ongoing corporate, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Represents the Independent Trustees of the Schwab Funds in fund governance and board related matters.
- Represented the independent board members of a large fund complex in connection with a $97 million settlement of an SEC enforcement action against the fund adviser and certain of its affiliates.