Issuers, underwriters, and selling stockholders all turn to Christopher Capuzzi to guide them through complex transactions and advise on a range of general corporate matters. Private equity sponsors also rely on his counsel in acquisition financings and ongoing portfolio company financing matters.
Christopher combines his legal acumen with an accountant’s perspective when advising clients on debt and equity offerings, leveraged financings, and specialty finance capital markets transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies, business development companies, and mortgage REITs. A certified public accountant in the state of New York who previously served as an auditor at KPMG, he has an unsurpassed understanding of financial statements and operations that benefits clients across industries and geographies.
Additionally, Christopher previously worked as a senior associate in the New York and London capital markets practice of a global law firm, and has worked extensively with companies in the United Kingdom and continental Europe, giving him a global mindset particularly valuable in global and cross-border transactions.
In addition to his transactional work, Christopher advises clients on SEC reporting and compliance obligations, debt covenant matters, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters.
Christopher’s client work has been recognized by several prominent industry publications, including Chambers, Law360, and International Financial Law Review. In his decade-plus practicing law, he has established a reputation as a trusted legal advisor who is on top of the market and quick to react to his client’s needs. “Christopher is a great lawyer who is commercial and hard-working,” says one client in Chambers. “He gets things done in a timely fashion, and he really focuses on the client."
Christopher has advised issuers, underwriters, and selling stockholders on the financing aspects of multimillion-dollar initial public offerings, high yield debt offerings, follow-on equity offerings, PIPEs, and preferred stock offerings.
- KKR Acquisition Holdings I Corp. in its $1.38 billion IPO.
- Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp., II and III in their IPOs, respectively raising $690 million, $276 million and $400 million.
- Longview Acquisition Corp. and II in their respective $414 million and $690 million IPOs.
- Lefteris Acquisition Corp. in its $207 million IPO.
- Healthcare Services Acquisition Corp. in its $331 million IPO.
- CHP Merger Corp. in its $300 million IPO.
- SC Health Corp in its $172.5 million IPO.
- CVC in its acquisition of the Douglas Group and all financing aspects, including a dual-track high yield debt offering of Kirk Beauty Zero GmbH of €300 million 6.25% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 and Kirk Beauty One GmbH of €335 million 8.75% Senior Notes due 2023, as well as a new €1,220 million Term Loan B Facility and a new revolving credit facility that provides for up to €200 million in borrowings.*
- Worldpay Finance on its €500 million issuance of 3.75% Senior Notes due 2022.*
- Onex Partners in the $630 million 7.75% Senior Notes due 2021 offering to support its acquisition of USI.*
- Represented the underwriters in more than fifty SPAC IPOs since 2020, raising aggregate proceeds over $22 billion.
- Represented the underwriters in more than 10 successful SPAC IPOs sponsored by The Gores Group, a leading private equity investor credited with forming more SPACs than any other single investor.
- $153 million IPO of business development company Owl Rock Capital Corporation and subsequent offerings including the company’s $500 million 4.25% Notes due 2026, $425 million 4.00% Notes due 2025, and the $400 million 5.25% Notes due 2024 offerings by Owl Rock Capital Corporation.
- $72 million follow-on equity offering for business development company Concrete Pumping Holdings and the dealer manager in Concrete Pumping’s warrant exchange offer.
- $450 million IPO for special purpose acquisition company Conyers Park II.
- $200 million IPO for special purpose acquisition company Oaktree Acquisition.
- $135 million PIPE in connection with the Thunder Bridge Acquisition I and Repay Holdings merger.
- Several follow-on and preferred stock offerings for Cherry Hill Mortgage.
- 6.750% Series A fixed-to-floating preferred stock offering, ATM program and 144A debt offering for Ellington Financial.
- $690 million IPO of GS Acquisition Holdings, a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by GSAM and David Cote, the former CEO and Chairman of Honeywell.*
- IPO of 9 million shares of TCG BDC (f/k/a Carlyle GMS Finance) for gross proceeds of $174,902,700.*
- Sale of 11.5 million shares of 7.625% Series B fixed-to-floating rate cumulative redeemable preferred stock of Two Harbors Investment, resulting in gross proceeds of $287.5 million.*
- Schoeller Allibert’s debut high yield issuance of €210 million 8% Senior Secured Notes due 2021.
Selling Stockholder Transactions
- An affiliate of Veronis Suhler Stevenson in a $60 million secondary offering of shares of the Marcus Corporation.