David focuses his practice on litigating patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation and copyright infringement matters in district and appellate courts and in connection with government enforcement actions.
David represents both foreign and domestic clients in litigations involving a broad range of subject matters. Representative technologies include semiconductor and flash memory, wireless mobile devices, digital signal processing for hearing aid devices, on-line gaming, hard disk drives, alternative fuels, software interfaces, medical devices, business methods and consumer products.
David is one of the founding partners of the firm’s Seoul office.
- SAP v. Adheat: Represented SAP in a trade secret misappropriation matter involving analytics software.
- Represent Samsung Electronics in multiple District Court and ITC patent infringement matters.
- Represent Global OLED Technologies in licensing disputes involving OLED displays.
- Represented Woongjin Chemical (today Toray Chemical Korea) in a U.S. federal grand jury trade secrets investigation.
- Paltalk Holdings v. NCsoft Corporation, et al.: Represented NCsoft in a multi-defendant patent infringement litigation involving network communications for client-server gaming products (MMORPGs).
- NCsoft Corporation v. Bluehole Studios, Inc. and En Masse Ent.: Represented NCsoft in a trade secret misappropriation, copyright and unfair business practices litigation against a competitor company.
- Hitachi Chemical v. KC Tech: Defended KC Tech in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by a competitor on patents relating to chemical-mechanical-polishing (“CMP”) technology.
- e.Digital Corp. v. LG Electronics, et al.: Obtained early settlement for LGE in a patent infringement litigation involving flash memory recording technology and mobile phones.
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary v. QLT, Inc., et al.: Obtained a jury verdict of unjust enrichment and unfair business practices relating to surgical treatment of macular degeneration, resulting in damages award of a 3.01% royalty on more than $2 billion sales and attorney's fees for MEEI. Successfully defended this verdict on appeal.
- ETG v. GN Resound A/S: Represented GN ReSound up to trial in a patent infringement litigation involving digital signal processing technology for hearing aids.
- G-P Gypsum Corporation v. BPB America, Inc. and BPB Manufacturing, Inc.: Represented G-P against a competitor in a patent infringement litigation involving manufacturing processes for fiber glass coated wall boards.
- Saifun Semiconductors v. Advanced Micro Devices: Represented Saifun in a patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation action involving flash memory devices.