Emma Coreno joined Ropes & Gray's health care practice group in 2021. She provides regulatory, compliance, and transactional advice to a range of health care clients, including pharmaceutical manufacturers, hospitals, health systems, health plans, and other health care providers and organizations.
Emma advises clients on various aspects of regulatory compliance, including reimbursement under federal health care programs and fraud and abuse laws, such as the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the False Claims Act. Emma also counsels pharmaceutical manufacturers on federal and state drug pricing initiatives.
During law school, Emma represented indigent defendants in Middlesex County with the Committee for Public Counsel. Emma also represented indigent clients in domestic violence disputes with the Domestic Violence Clinic. She also interned in the Human Trafficking Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office. Emma also served as an articles editor for the Northeastern University Law Review and worked as a teaching assistant for multiple professors.
- Advises pharmaceutical companies regarding federal drug price reporting requirements under the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program, 340B Drug Pricing Program, Inflation Reduction Act, and the VA/Federal Supply Schedule, including through interpretation of applicable laws and guidance and development of policies and procedures.
- Assists pharmaceutical manufacturers with complying with state drug price transparency laws.
- Advises covered entities, contract pharmacies, and manufacturers in connection with 340B Drug Pricing Program requirements.
- Represents various health care entities in the course of investigations conducted by state and federal regulatory authorities.
- Advises research institutions regarding allegations of research misconduct and other issues relating to the integrity of scientific data.
- Counsels private equity firms on regulatory considerations for health care transactions, mergers and affiliations.
- Assists with preparation and submission of regulatory and licensure change of ownership filings in connection with complex transactions.