Tyler C. Cash joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as a corporate associate in the firm’s Boston office, and has since relocated to the firm’s Los Angeles office in connection with its opening. Since joining Ropes & Gray, Tyler has focused his practice on representing private equity sponsors and strategic investors on transactional matters in a broad range of industries, including: TMT (technology, media and telecom), healthcare, life sciences, and retail. Tyler routinely advises clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, minority and co-investments, divestitures and strategic partnerships. Tyler also regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with ongoing corporate governance, compliance, equity and general operational matters.
Tyler values the firm’s culture of collegiality and is an active firm citizen. Tyler serves as a member of Ropes & Gray’s Associate Liaison Committee, which focuses on improving associate life at the firm. Tyler was also a member of the firm’s inaugural class of Roscoe Trimmier Jr. Diversity Scholarship recipients. Tyler continues his commitment to diversity at Ropes & Gray by participating in the firm’s affinity group, the Ropes Multicultural Forum, its sub-affinity groups, and other diversity, equity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
During law school, Tyler interned with the United States Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C. Prior law school, Tyler worked at a worldwide financial services company in Boston.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with its $1.4 billion acquisition of Nextech, a leading provider of clinical and administrative healthcare technology solutions for specialty physician practices.
- Represented Tecomet, Inc., together with certain of its affiliates, in the refinancing of its approximately $1 billion capital structure, including through the provision of a new revolving credit facility and privately placed first-lien term loan. Tecomet is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of orthopedic, robotic assisted, and minimally invasive surgical products, as well as precision components for the aerospace and defense industry
- Represented WellSky Corporation, a portfolio company of TPG Capital, in its add-on acquisition of Curaspan Health Group, a healthcare IT company.
- Represented TPG Capital and Sixth Street Partners in connection with their portfolio company Kaseya’s $6.2 billion acquisition of Datto, a leading global provider of security and cloud-based software solutions for managed service providers.
- Represented Audax Group in its sale of Smart Care Equipment Solutions, a provider of comprehensive commercial kitchen equipment repair and maintenance services.
- Represented Northleaf Capital Partners and AVALT in their acquisition of AMAROK, LLC, a leading provider of perimeter security solutions.
- Represented McAfee, a publicly held cybersecurity company, in the $4 billion carveout sale of its Enterprise business to Symphony Technology Group.
- Represented TPG Capital in its investment in the AT&T UVerse and DirecTV platforms, a transaction valued at $16.25 billion, as well as its ongoing governance of the portfolio company.
- Represented Bain Capital Double Impact in its investment in TeachTown, a leading provider of evidence-based education curriculum software for students with special needs.
- Represented Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, a biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the research, development and manufacturing of gene therapies across different therapeutic areas, on its sale to Bayer AG.
- Represented Summit Partners in the acquisition of Bethyl Laboratories, a provider of primary and secondary antibodies for use in life science research and diagnostics.
- Represented TPG, in partnership with Hellman & Friedman, in the acquisition of Checkmarx from Insight Partners valued at 1.15 billion. Checkmarx is a cybersecurity business that enables organizations to deliver secure software at scale.
- Represented Toast, Inc., the fastest growing restaurant management platform in the U.S., in its acquisition of StratEx, a leading provider of HR and payroll software for restaurants.
- Represented defi SOLUTIONS, LLC in connection with its merger with Sagent Auto LLC to create defi SOLUTIONS, a company specializing in auto lending technology and services with financial backing from Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital Ventures, and Fiserv, Inc.
- Represented Audax Group in its sale of Magnitude Software, Inc., a provider of enterprise information management software that delivers insights on business performance in heterogeneous application and fragmented data environments.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its investment in Park Place Technologies, a leading global third-party maintenance provider, alongside GTCR.
- Represented TPG Growth, TPG Tech Adjacencies and Sixth Street Partners (f/k/a TPG Sixth Street Partners) in connection with their investment in Kaseya, a provider of IT infrastructure solutions.
- Represented Bain Capital Double Impact in its acquisition of HealthDrive, a specialty provider of on-site dentistry, optometry, podiatry, and audiology to residents in long-term care, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities from Riverside Partners.
- Represented J.W. Childs Associates L.P. (now Prospect Hill Growth Partners, L.P.) in its acquisition of Walker Edison, a leading supplier of affordable home furnishings to global e-commerce platforms.
- Represented Benefit Street Partners L.L.C. in its acquisition of Triangle Capital’s investment portfolio.