Brandon Dunn focuses on advising private equity firms and other strategic clients on tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings and other transactional tax matters. Brandon works with clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to middle market private equity sponsors.
He also advises global asset managers, as well as institutional and other investors, on tax considerations relating to investment funds. This includes fundraisings, fund structuring and LP investments.
Brandon has represented or is representing clients in the following matters:
- Bain Capital Real Estate in evaluating, negotiating and structuring real estate joint ventures and management arrangements with operators and managers.
- BV Investment in its acquisition of Source Advisors, a market leading specialty tax solutions and software provider focused on the SMB market, and Source Advisors’ subsequent acquisition of GovGrant, a premier UK-based R&D tax relief services and Intellectual Property consulting firm.
- Castanea Partners in its investment in Tatcha, LLC, a luxury skincare brand.
- Cinven Partners in its investment in Drake Software, a provider of software for tax preparers.
- CIVC Partners in its acquisitions of Magna Legal Services, Specialized Elevator Services, Crest Insurance Group, Young & Associates and Industrial Networking Solutions, numerous subsequent transactions by CIVC portfolio companies, and the sales of Specialized Elevator Services to 3Phase Elevator and Magna Legal Services to Odyssey Investment Partners.
- Cove Hill Partners in its strategic investment in and recapitalization of NetDocuments and its investments in and sale of Storable and LiveAuctioneers.
- Harvest Partners and its portfolio companies in a variety of matters including:
- VetCor, a portfolio company of Harvest Partners and Cressey & Company, in its acquisition of People, Pets & Vets, a veterinary services company.
- Acquisition and subsequent sale of Lazer Spot, the market leader in mission critical, outsourced yard management services in the United States and Canada.
- Acquisition of Yellowstone Landscape, the second largest commercial landscaping company in the United States.
- Kohlberg & Co. in its acquisition of a majority stake in GPRS Holdings, the nation’s largest provider of scanning services for subsurface infrastructure.
- LightBay Capital in its investment in Alliance Animal Health, a multi-site owner, operator and business partner to veterinarians throughout the United States.
- McNally Capital in connection with its investments in Altamira Technologies and sale of Genesys Aerosystems.
- Summit Partners in the founding of Fortis Life Sciences and subsequent add-on acquisitions by Fortis Life Sciences.
- Becton Dickinson in its sales of its Advanced Bioprocessing business to Thermo Fisher Scientific and its surgical instruments platform to STERIS and its acquisitions of the MedKeeper business of Grifols (Spain), the medical business of CUBEX, Velano Vascular and NAT Diagnostics.
- BrightSphere Investment Group in connection with its dispositions of Barrow, Hanley, Mewhinney & Strauss, Copper Rock Capital, Investment Counselors of Maryland, Landmark Partners, Thompson, Siegel & Walmsley and Campbell Global.
- Eversource Energy in its sale of the undeveloped portion of its offshore wind lease area to Orsted.
- National Financial Partners in connection with multiple financing transactions.
- Pfizer in connection with its $14 billion acquisition of Medivation, a commercial-stage oncology company.
- Shire plc in its acquisition of Dyax Corp. for $5.9 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- AlpInvest in connection with the formation of separately managed accounts and several multi-billion dollar fundraisings for its comingled funds.
- A large sovereign wealth fund investor in connection with primary investments in U.S. and internationally-based private equity funds.