Michael DiMaio is a member of the health care group. Michael advises health care industry clients, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and private equity firms and other investors regarding a broad range of transactional, regulatory, and privacy issues. Michael has written and presented regarding the implications of data privacy laws for research. He works alongside members of the firm’s private equity group in conducting regulatory diligence of private equity investments in health care.
- Counseled U.S.-based academic medical centers, universities, and life sciences companies on the application of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to their research and health care operations.
- Advised a medical group regarding formation of a management services organization.
- Advised a hospital with regulatory considerations and drafted agreements for an affiliation with a university.
- Assisted with investigations related to health care compliance.
- Advised a durable medical equipment manufacturer and supplier regarding regulatory due diligence concerns in connection with a strategic acquisition of another supplier.
- Advised a private equity sponsor regarding regulatory matters in connection with acquisitions involving laboratory equipment manufacturers.
- Advised private equity sponsors regarding assessment of revenue cycle management companies.
- Advised a contract research organization regarding regulatory due diligence concerns in connection with a potential strategic acquisition of another contract research organization.
- Advised a private equity sponsor regarding its acquisition of a care coordination company.
- Counseled an academic medical center on a potential affiliation with a large health system and provided advice with respect to diligence matters.
- Assisted tax-exempt borrowers obtain tax-exempt financings.