Patrick Diaz serves as chief of legal knowledge management at Ropes & Gray, where he helps practice groups develop, retain and share information and best practices, to enhance our ability to provide excellent legal services in a cost-effective manner. Patrick is a member of the firm’s staff senior leadership team and reports to the chief operating officer. Patrick has over two decades of experience as a business lawyer representing companies and private equity funds in connection with merger and acquisition and other transactions, including leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, debt and equity financings, add-on acquisitions, agreements among investors, management incentive arrangements, corporate restructurings and exit transactions, and served as a partner in the private equity transactions group from 1996 to 2013.
- Represented Baker Capital in the sale of Adaptix, Inc.
- Represented KRG Capital Partners and Bain Capital Ventures in connection with the sale of Liberty Dialysis to Fresenius.
- Represented second-lien debt holder / equity investor consortium, including Centerbridge and Monarch Capital, in the recapitalization of Satmex.
- Represented Palisades Management and controlling sponsor PE funds in the sale of TVC Communications.
- Represented equity investor consortium (Centerbridge, MAK Capital and Bain Capital Credit) in the acquisition of Champion Home Builders in a bankruptcy auction.
- Represented Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners in $26 billion acquisition of Clear Channel Communications.
- Represented lead private equity sponsors in $2.4 billion acquisition of Dunkin’ Brands.
- Represented Bain Capital and Interpath in connection with acquisition of USinternetworking and subsequent sale to AT&T.
- Represented various PE fund and other clients in connection with range of other investments in industries ranging from software, information services, staffing, hospital and healthcare, restaurant, building products, gaming, exercise equipment, investment management, publishing and other businesses.