Daniel Egan is counsel in the business restructuring group.
Dan focuses on business restructurings and complex distressed situations in a broad variety of industries. Dan has represented debtors, creditors, asset purchasers, secured lenders, bond insurers, and other strategic parties in chapter 9 cases, chapter 11 cases, and out-of-court restructurings. He advises and represents clients in all aspects of bankruptcy and restructuring transactions, including section 363 asset sales, DIP financings, plans of reorganization, and bankruptcy litigation and appeals.
Dan was selected as a “Rising Star” in New York Super Lawyers (2015 through 2017).
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Dan worked as an associate in the financial restructuring departments of two international law firms.
- PlayMonster LLC, a market leading international toy and game company, in connection with its investment transactions with Adams Street Partners and HIG Capital.
- Lender group in the chapter 11 cases and cross-border restructuring of Pacific Andes/China Fishery Group and affiliates, one of the world’s largest seafood processors.
- SDI Solutions LLC, a security system and IT services company, as debtor in its chapter 11 case and the sale of its assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Restora Healthcare Holdings and its subsidiaries, two long term acute care hospitals, as debtors in their chapter 11 cases and the sale of their assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Administrative agent and lender in the out-of-court restructuring of the Pocahontas Parkway, a toll road located outside of Richmond, Virginia.
- Secured post-petition lender and asset purchaser in the chapter 11 case of Human Condition Safety, a developer of wearable workplace safety devices.
- Philadelphia Entertainment and Development Partners, L.P. as debtor in its chapter 11 case and the confirmation of a prepackaged chapter 11 plan.
- West Penn Allegheny Health System, which includes five hospitals, related providers and a physician organization, in successful out-of-court debt restructuring.
- Madison Marquette Retail Services LLC in its capacity as court-appointed receiver over various shopping mall properties.
- Second lien lender in connection with chapter 11 case of Coyne International Enterprises Corp.
- Second lien lender in connection with chapter 11 case of Prestige Industries LLC.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as Receiver in various bank holding company bankruptcies, including Washington Mutual, Inc., Colonial Bank, and FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Alexander Gallo Holdings, LLC and affiliates as debtors in their chapter 11 cases and the sale of their assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Creditor and contract counterparty in chapter 11 cases of Chassix, Inc. and affiliates, a supplier of certain automobile components to manufacturers and suppliers.
- Station Casinos, Inc. in various post-confirmation litigation matters.
- Secured creditor and plan proponent in connection with chapter 11 case of Hoti Enterprises, L.P., including successful representation of client in numerous district and circuit court appeals.
- Emivest Aerospace Corporation as debtor in its chapter 11 case and the sale of its assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Syncora Guarantee Inc. in the chapter 9 case of Jefferson County, Alabama, one of the largest municipal bankruptcies in US history.
- A significant bond insurer in the financial distress and chapter 9 case of the City of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Investor in connection with the acquisition of claims and other indirect interests in Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC (BLMIS) liquidation.
- Fisker Automotive, Inc. as contract counterparty to and largest customer of A123 Systems, Inc. in the chapter 11 bankruptcy case of A123 Systems.