Tristan Evans-Wilent is a partner in Ropes & Gray's New York office. Tristan has a broad-based tax practice, with an emphasis on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies and other private companies in connection with the tax consequences arising from a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dispositions, going private transactions and minority investments, both domestic and cross-border.
- Represented CCMP Growth Advisors in its investment in Decks & Docks.
- Represented GI Partners in an agreement to acquire NASDAQ listed Atlas Technical Consultants, Inc. in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $1.05 billion.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company, LLC in its partnership with Engage PEO, a professional employer organization.
- Represented TPG in the sale of majority stake in Creative Artists Agency (CAA) to Artémis, a French holding company.
- Represented TPG Capital and Francisco Partners in their acquisition of Boomi from Dell Technologies.
- Represented TPG Capital in its investment in DirecTV with AT&T Inc.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its acquisition of Domtar Corporation’s Personal Care business for $920 million.
- Represented Asklepios BioPharmaceutical on its sale to Bayer AG for upfront consideration of $2 billion and potential success-based milestone payments of up to $2 billion.
- Represented Gilead Sciences Inc. in its acquisition of an option to acquire Tizona Therapeutics in a deal valued up to $1.5 billion and its acquisition of an option to acquire Pionyr Immunotherapeutics in a transactions valued up to $1.74 billion.
- Represented Summit Partners and Silversmith Capital Partners in the $1.2 billion sale of LifeStance Health to TPG Capital.