Daniel Forman is a partner in the capital markets group and focuses his practice on representing leading public companies, investment banks and private equity sponsors in a wide variety of capital markets transactions. His practice encompasses IPOs, secondary equity offerings, convertible debt offerings, debt offerings, tender offers, debt restructurings and private placements, and related corporate and securities matters.
In addition, Daniel has deep knowledge of the specialty finance market and brings significant experience with transactions involving PIPEs, real estate investment trusts, registered direct offerings and business development companies.
Daniel works with clients across a range of industries, including life sciences, technology, retail and consumer brands, industrials and financial institutions, among others.
Daniel maintains an active pro bono practice, including work in service of the Billion Oyster Project, and serves on the Advisory Board of Legal Outreach, an organization that prepares urban youth from underserved communities in New York City to compete at high academic levels.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Daniel was a partner in the New York office of another global law firm.
Daniel’s transaction experience includes representing:
- Aurora Acquisition Corp. in its de-SPAC transaction with Better Home & Finance Company
- Transmedics Group Inc. in its $460 million convertible senior notes offering
- Sarepta Therapeutics in its $1.15 billion convertible senior notes offering and $313.5 million convertible senior notes exchange
- The underwriters in a secondary equity offering of shares of Class A common stock of Altus Power, Inc.
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc. in its $400 mm registered notes offering*
- Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. in its $650 million high-yield notes offering*
- L Catterton in connection with a private placement of $150 million in aggregate principal amount of non-convertible preferred stock plus warrants to purchase ordinary shares in Despegar.com*
- Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a follow-on offering*
- The underwriters in follow-on offerings for Casella Waste Systems Inc.*
- The underwriters in a municipal notes offering for $558 million in New York City Industrial Development Agency's (NYCIDA) 2021 PILOT revenue bonds relating to the refinancing of outstanding PILOT revenue bonds previously issued to fund a portion of Major League Baseball's New York Mets Stadium, Citi Field*
- Global Net Lease, Inc. in its $500 million high yield notes offering*
- Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc in follow-on and ATM offerings*
- Blade Air Mobility, Inc. in its de-SPAC transaction with Experience Investment Corp.*
- Leisure Acquisition Corp. in its initial public offering and de-SPAC transaction with Ensysce Biosciences*
- Solid Biosciences Inc. in its initial public offering*
- The underwriters in equity and debt offerings for Five Point Holdings, LLC*
- The underwriters in equity offerings for Vanda Pharmaceuticals*
- The underwriters in equity and debt offerings for WCI Communities, Inc*
- The underwriters in equity offerings for Novavax, Inc*
- Fifth Street Asset Management Inc. in its initial public offering*
- The underwriters in connection with the initial public offering of Alcentra Capital Corporation*
- Installed Building Products in its initial public offering and a follow-on offering*
- The underwritersin the initial public offering and follow-on offerings of Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc.*
- Annie’s, Inc. and Solera Capital in public equity offerings of Annie’s, Inc. common stock, including its initial public offering and follow-on offerings *
- Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. in a number of debt and equity offerings and in financings related to its $1.9 billion acquisition of the retail propane operations of Inergy, L.P*
*Handled prior to joining Ropes & Gray