Jaime is counsel in the firm’s litigation & enforcement practice group. Jaime represents individuals and corporate clients in criminal, civil and regulatory enforcement actions, civil and criminal litigation, and internal investigations. In recent years, Jaime has represented health care companies, private equity firms and other corporations in the pharmaceutical, medical device and hospital industries facing government investigations concerning alleged health care fraud, improper marketing practices, violations of the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
In addition, Jaime regularly advises clients across a broad range of industries on the development and implementation of comprehensive compliance programs, helping them to proactively evaluate and manage their global corruption and compliance risk.
Prior to joining the firm, Jaime served as special assistant corporation counsel at the New York City Law Department, where she represented the City of New York and its agencies in federal and state actions involving constitutional challenges to city policies and practices.
- Representing a large medical device manufacturer in connection with several matters, including a Department of Justice investigation of alleged Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act violations and potential False Claims Act exposure, and litigation matters involving consumer fraud, false advertising, products liability, and securities fraud.
- Representing a dental services organization in a False Claims Act investigation.
- Representing an executive in a sweeping federal corruption probe.
- Representing an ABA therapy provider in connection with a criminal probe and related False Claims Act investigation.
- Representing a global pharmaceutical company in connection with a Department of Justice investigation concerning alleged violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in an investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York focused on alleged violations of the federal False Claims Act.
- Represented private equity firm and its portfolio company in internal investigation concerning FCPA and international risk issues.
- Investigated and negotiated resolutions of three False Claims Act qui tam complaints for a physician practice management organization in connection with an investigation conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical company in a Department of Justice investigation and False Claims Act matter, in which the government declined to intervene and the relator voluntarily dismissed the complaint.
- Represented a managed long term care plan in a high-profile fraud investigation conducted by the New York State Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Conducted several internal investigations of alleged violations of the FCPA, including for an international pharmaceutical manufacturer in China and a venture capital firm in India.
- Advised medical device company on international corruption issues relating to third-party distributors.
- Represented investors in several residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) trusts in multiple cases filed in New York state and federal court and Delaware Chancery Court.
- Represented a minor with intellectual disabilities in a Third Circuit appeal under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, negotiating a favorable settlement for the client.
- Represented seniors and low-income New Yorkers in New York City housing court, defending against predatory evictions and other discriminatory practices.
- Represented individuals before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in petitions for asylum and special nonimmigrant status for victims of domestic violence.