Tara Fisher is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s mergers & acquisitions and capital markets practice groups. Tara represents public and private companies, boards of directors and investment banks with respect to mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance matters and securities offerings. Tara’s clients span a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and consumer retail.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented CIRCOR in its $1.6 billion sale to KKR.
- Represented Paratek Pharmaceuticals in its sale to Gurnet Point Capital and Novo Holdings.
- Represented TransMedics Group Inc. in its acquisition from Bridge to Life Ltd. of assets and intellectual property related to the Ex-Vivo Organ Support System (EVOSS) and LifeCradle Heart Preservation Transport System technologies.
- Represented Medtronic in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Intersect ENT.
- Represented CIRCOR in its defense of an unsolicited bid and in a proxy contest with an activist investor.
- Represented Novavax, Inc., a clinical-stage vaccine company, in its acquisition of a Czech Republic company Praha Vaccines a.s., a part of the Cyrus Poonawalla Group, and in a cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based public vaccine adjuvant company.
- Represented Pfizer in connection with its $14 billion acquisition of Medivation, a commercial-stage oncology company.
- Represented Medtronic in connection with its $1.3 billion acquisition of HeartWare International, a heart pump manufacturer.
- Represented Shire plc in its $32 billion combination with Baxalta Incorporated, a business spun out of Baxter International, for a combination of cash and stock
- Represented Shire plc its acquisition of Dyax Corp. for $5.9 billion in cash plus contingent value rights.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, in its acquisition of Sierra Trading Post, Inc., an off-price Internet retailer.
- Represented The Strategic Alternatives Special Committee for Market Basket, a chain of discount supermarkets in the northeast, in its $1.5 billion sale.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $500 million follow-on offering of Madrigal Pharmaceuticals common stock.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $125 million follow-on offering of 2seventybio common stock.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $121 million follow-on offering of bluebird bio common stock.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $91 million IPO of Vigil Neuroscience.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $181 million IPO of Entrada Therapeutics.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $6.7 billion secondary offering of Regeneron common stock.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $550 million IPO and concurrent $250 million tangible equity unit offering for Change Healthcare, an independent health care technology platform
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $1.7 billion Elanco Animal Health IPO and the dealer managers in the $8.6 billion exchange of Elanco stock for Lilly stock.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $725 million common stock offering and concurrent $550 million tangible equity unit offering for Elanco Animal Health to finance the Bayer Animal Health business acquisition.
- Represented TransMedics Group, Inc., a medical technology company focused on transforming organ transplant therapy for end-stage organ failure patients, in its $105 million IPO and $70 million follow-on offering.
- Represented PQ Group Holdings Inc., a provider of performance chemicals, catalysts, and specialty glass materials and a portfolio company of CCMP, in its $500 million IPO.
- Represented The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, in its $500 million, $750 million, $1 billion and $4 billion registered note offerings.