Doug Giannantonio advises leading private equity firms and their portfolio companies in a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dispositions, strategic investments and corporate governance matters.
A versatile deal lawyer, Doug advises clients throughout the entire life cycle of their investments across a broad range of industries, including manufacturing & industrials, software/technology, business services and health care. Clients rely on Doug for his practical and commercial approach when leading complex transactions.
Matters include representing:
- American Industrial Partners in its:
- Sale of Gerber Technology to Lectra S.A., a French société anonyme listed on Euronext (LSS).
- Acquisition of the Lewisport automotive body sheet plant from Novelis in a DOJ-mandated process.
- Acquisition of General Electric’s Current, powered by GE business unit, a leading provider of energy efficiency and digital productivity solutions for commercial offices, retail stores, industrial facilities and cities.
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its sale of RIA in a Box, a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of compliance, cybersecurity, and operational software solutions to the wealth management industry.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice funds in connection with its investment, alongside Merck GHI and McKesson Ventures, in M2GEN, a leading oncology data and informatics platform focused on transforming cancer care.
- Crosspoint Capital in connection with its investment in Veracode.
- Kohlberg & Company in its:
- Acquisition of Riveron, a national business advisory firm, from H.I.G. Capital.
- Acquisition of a majority stake in GPRS, the nation’s largest provider of advanced scanning services for subsurface infrastructure.
- Acquisition of EN Engineering (“ENTRUST”), a leading utility services firm, and ENTRUST’s subsequent acquisitions of FiberRise Communications (August 2022) and Magellan Advisors (November 2022).
- Sale of a minority stake in ENTRUST to Neuberger Berman.
- Kohlberg & Company, and its portfolio company AWP Safety, a leading provider of safety traffic control solutions, in connection with AWP Safety’s strategic acquisitions of Statewide Safety Systems (August 2021) and RHV Capital’s Traffic Control Group and Texas Traffic and Barricade (August 2023).
- New Mountain Capital in its:
- Sale of a majority stake in Beeline, a global leader in cloud software solutions that help companies manage their seasonal, project-based and temporary workforces, to Stone Point Capital.
- Sale of a majority stake in OneDigital, a leading U.S. provider of employee benefits insurance brokerage and retirement consulting services, to affiliates of Onex Corporation.
- Acquisition of emids, a global leader in healthcare IT.
- Partners Group and Kohlberg & Company in the acquisition of BluSky Restoration Contractors, a provider of clean-up and reconstruction services for natural and man-made disasters.
- Partners Group in its:
- Sale of a 50 percent stake in USIC, a leading North American provider of utility location services, at an enterprise value of $4.1 billion.
- Minority investment in VelocityEHS, a provider of AI-powered ESG & EHS software and solutions.
- Investment in GlobalLogic, a leader in digital product engineering services.
- Silver Lake Partners, and its portfolio company LightBox, in connection with LightBox’s acquisition of Real Capital Markets, a global marketplace for commercial real estate.
- VetCor, a portfolio company of Harvest Partners and Cressey & Company, in its acquisition of People, Pets & Vets, a veterinary services company.
- A private equity sponsor in connection with its investment in an ear, nose and throat (or “ENT”) medical practice.
Matters prior to joining Ropes & Gray include representing:
- Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) in connection with the divestiture of its Cellulose Fibers pulp mills to International Paper (NYSE: IP) for $2.2 billion.
- AGL Resources in connection with its merger with the Southern Company (NYSE: SO) with an enterprise value of approximately $12 billion, creating one of America’s leading U.S. electric and gas utilities companies.
- Cincinnati Bell in connection with its $350 million Rule 144A / Regulation S high-yield debt offering.
- The initial purchasers, led by Wells Fargo Securities and J.P. Morgan Securities, in connection with the 144A / Regulation S high-yield debt offering of Itron, Inc., a leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of electricity, natural gas and water, the proceeds of which were used to finance Itron’s acquisition of Silver Spring Networks, Inc.
- DreamWorks Animation in connection with its $450 million senior secured credit facilities.
- Rock-Tenn Company (n/k/a WestRock) in connection with $4.3 billion in credit facilities, the proceeds of which were used to finance Rock-Tenn’s acquisition of MeadWestvaco Corporation.