Hank J. Goldberg is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group and his practice is primarily focused on private investment funds, including representing sponsors in the formation, structuring and operation of private equity, growth and venture capital funds across a wide variety of investment strategies and providing advice to such sponsors and funds on transactional, compliance and regulatory matters. Hank also represents clients in team spin-outs, fund restructurings, co-investments, secondary transactions, continuation funds, minority stake investments, succession planning, key person events and conflicts resolution. His other clients include U.S. and non-U.S. family offices, institutional limited partners, sovereign wealth funds, senior investment professionals and portfolio company executives. He has also advised sponsors on, and has negotiated, various contractual arrangements such as investor side letters, service provider agreements and placement agent agreements.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2023, Hank was an associate in the Chicago offices of two other global law firms.
- A private equity and growth capital firm managing over $127 billion of assets in the formation of various investment vehicles ranging from $1 billion to $23.4 billion focused on software and technology companies*
- A private equity firm in the (i) formation of its $5 billion flagship fund and (ii) recapitalization of existing funds and portfolio companies ranging from $1 billion to $3 billion of assets, including the related formation of single and multi-asset continuation funds*
- A private equity firm in the formation of its $2.7 billion fund focused on middle-market manufacturing companies*
- A private equity firm managing over $3.8 billion of assets in the formation of various investment vehicles ranging from $310 million to $1.75 billion focused on specialized manufacturing companies*
- A growth equity firm in the formation of its $915 million fund focused on software and technology companies*
- A global alternative investment firm in the formation of its $2.4 billion fund focused on providing asset-backed credit financing to established and emerging companies*
- A global investment firm in the formation of (i) its $16 billion long-duration flagship fund and (ii) several open-end real estate funds*
- A growth equity firm in the formation of its $500 million fund focused on software and technology companies*
- A first-time fund sponsor in the formation of a $150 million fund focused on consumer brands*
*Representations prior to joining Ropes & Gray