Howard Glazer is a senior partner in Ropes & Gray's private equity practice and the managing partner of the Los Angeles office. Howard has broad transactional experience and has built a practice focused on providing pragmatic advice in connection with structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, leveraged recapitalizations, preferred equity investments, workouts and restructurings. Howard represents private equity sponsors such as Altamont Capital Partners, GI Partners, Genstar Capital, TPG Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Howard worked in the Creditors' Rights department of a major New York law firm, where his experience ranged from representing a Creditors Committee in a contested multibillion-dollar Chapter 11 proceeding to representing financial institutions and distressed companies in workouts and restructurings.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners and Douglas Products in the sale of Douglas Products, a manufacturer of specialty chemical pest management products, to Brightstar Capital Partners.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners and Fox Racing in the sale of Fox Racing, a motocross equipment, apparel and accessory brand, to Vista Outdoor.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in the sale of Excel Fitness, a Planet Fitness franchise group, to Olympus Partners.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its acquisition of Service Minds, a provider of electrical, plumbing and HVAC services.
- Represented GI Partners in its acquisition of GTY Technology Holdings, a provider of cloud-based suite of products and services for state and local governments, education institutions and healthcare organizations.
- Represented TPG Capital and its portfolio company Wind River, a global leader in delivering software for mission-critical intelligent systems, in the sale of Wind River to Aptiv.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners portfolio company Amplity Health in its merger with The Lynx Group, a medical communications company.
- Represented McAfee, a publicly held cybersecurity company, in its pending over $14 billion acquisition by an investor group comprised of Advent International, Permira Advisers, Crosspoint Capital, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, GIC and ADIA.
- Represented McAfee in its $4 billion sale of its Enterprise business to Symphony Technology Group.
- Represented GI Partners and Daxko, the health and fitness industry's leading software and integrated payments provider, in the recapitalization of Daxko.
- Represented GI Partners in its investment in Aras, a developer of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
- Represented Alliance HealthCare Services, a provider of radiology and oncology solutions, in its $820 million sale to Akumin.
- Represented Francisco Partners and TPG Capital in their $4 billion joint acquisition of Boomi, a provider of cloud-based integration platform as a service (iPaaS), from Dell Technologies.
- Represented TPG Capital in a simultaneous carve-out of AT&T’s U.S. video business (DIRECTV) and investment in the newly carved out business.
- Represented Evergreen Coast Capital in its acquisition of a majority stake in DreamBox Learning, the leading education technology provider that pioneered intelligent adaptive learning.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its acquisition of Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, an owner and operator of a chain of dine-in movie theaters.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its acquisition of Specialized Packaging Group, a manufacturer packaging materials and supplies.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its investment in Kinetic Advantage, a developer of an online floorplan finance platform for independent auto dealers.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its sale of Colorado Boxed Beef, a distributor of meat, poultry and seafood products, to Quirch Foods.
- Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Alera Group, an insurance brokerage and wealth management firm, in its merger with Propel Insurance.
- Represented Genstar Capital in the recapitalization of Association Member Benefits Advisers (AMBA), a national, affinity-based membership and marketing insurance agency.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its definitive agreement to acquire Advarra, a leading provider of compliance solutions critical to the drug development process, from Linden Capital Partners.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its majority equity investment into The Juice Plus Company, a direct seller of whole food-based nutritional products.
- Represented Belden, Inc. in its acquisition of Tripwire, Inc., a leading global provider of advanced threat, security and compliance solutions. The cash deal was valued at $710 million.
- Representing Mammoth Mountain in its acquisition to acquire the Bear Mountain and Snow Summit resorts near Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains east of Los Angeles. Both resorts are operated by Snow Summit Ski Corp.