Laylee joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in Ropes and Gray’s private equity transactions group. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Laylee was a mergers & acquisitions associate in the New York office of another global law firm.
Laylee represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, and public and private companies and investors in a broad range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, strategic acquisitions, divestitures, minority investments and cross-border transactions. Laylee’s practice also includes advising clients on corporate governance and general corporate matters.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its growth investment in ClaimLogiq, a healthcare technology platform that enables complex claim reviews for health plans prior to payment.
- Represented New Mountain Capital and its portfolio company Bounteous in the acquisitions of Hathway and Lister Technologies.
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners in its acquisition of Thetford Corporation, a global supplier of sanitation, refrigeration and cooking solutions for the RV and marine industries headquartered in the Netherlands.
- Represented Nexstar Broadcasting Group in its $1.3 billion sale of nineteen stations in fifteen markets to TEGNA and The E.W. Scripps Company.*
- Represented Nexstar Broadcasting Group in its $6.4 billion acquisition of Tribune Media Co., creating the largest local television broadcaster and local media company.*
- Represented Mission Broadcasting and Nexstar Media Group in its acquisition of The CW (US) affiliate WPIX television station in New York City from The E.W. Scripps Company.*
- Represented Amer Sports and its investor consortium in Precor’s sale to Peloton for approximately $420 million.*
- Represented EQT Infrastructure on its acquisition of EdgeConneX.*
- Represented Warburg Pincus in its acquisition of WebPT.*
- Represented Vericast in its $420 million sale of RetailMeNot to J2 Global.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray