Kasey Hughes (McNamara) joined the corporate department at Ropes & Gray in 2021 and focuses her practice primarily on transactional work. Kasey represents public and private companies in securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic transactions. Kasey also regularly advises public company clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
Kasey graduated cum laude from Boston University School of Law in 2020. During law school, Kasey was an editor for the Boston University Law Review. Kasey was also a member of the Startup Law Clinic at Boston University, where she provided pro bono legal services to students at Boston University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, including assistance with entity formation, early stage investments, intellectual property and commercial contracts.
- Represented Pfizer Inc. in its $11.6 billion acquisition of and spinoff transaction with Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company Ltd., the maker of NURTEC® ODT (rimegepant), an innovative migraine therapy approved for both acute treatment and prevention of episodic migraine in adults.
- Represented Sandbridge Acquisition Corporation, a special acquisition company,in its business combination with Owlet, a company building a connected and accessible nursery ecosystem that brings technology and vital data to modern parenting.
- Represented Galderma, a leading independent dermatology company, in its sale of Alchemee’s business and assets, including its skin care product Proactiv.
- Represented MACOM Technology Solutions, a developer and manufacturer of radio, microwave and semiconductor products, in its acquisition of Linearizer Technology.
- Represented LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer network, in several strategic transactions of investment advisory and financial planning firms.
- Represented HiberCell, a clinical stage biotechnology company in its acquisition of Genuity Science, a genomics data, analytics and insights company.
- Represented National Financial Partners, a leading insurance broker, and Wealthspire Advisors, an investment advisor, in the acquisition of Private Ocean, a leading fiduciary wealth management firm.
- Represented Surgery Partners in its $200 million follow-on equity offering.
- Represented MACOM Technology Solutions in its $400 million convertible notes offering.
- Ongoing representation of public company clients in connection with securities law and corporate governance matters.