Saeko Inaba counsels private equity funds and strategic investors on leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions and divestitures across industries. Based in Tokyo, she has an understanding of both the global and regional deal market as well as dynamics particular to Japan.
Saeko has extensive experience guiding complex cross-border deals. She has played a leading role in two of the largest private equity deals in Japan and the largest private equity deal in Asia. In addition to providing deal guidance, Saeko is well versed in navigating regulatory issues and related legal questions that arise in transactions spanning multiple jurisdictions.
Clients value Saeko’s knowledge of the Japanese legal landscape and business culture, honed over the course of her career, which includes experience at a major Japanese law firm and in the legal department of the U.S. operation of a Japanese trading company.
- Bain Capital in its approximately $3 billion leveraged buyout of Evident Corporation from Olympus Corporation.
- The consortium led by Bain Capital in the $7.5 billion leveraged tender offer for Proterial (f.k.a. Hitachi Metals).
- Kioxia Holdings Corporation, a world leader in memory products and solutions, in its acquisition of the SSD business, primarily located in Taiwan, from LITE-ON Technology Corporation.
- Bain Capital in its $18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation from Toshiba Corporation, by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium including Apple, Seagate Technology, Kingston Technology, Hoya, Dell Technologies and SK hynix.
- Bain Capital in its approximately $875 million leveraged tender offer for all of the shares of Showa Aircraft Industry Co., Ltd.
- Bain Capital in its sale of shares of Skylark Co., Ltd. in a secondary offering and an accelerated book building offering.
- Bain Capital, as selling shareholder, in the initial public offerings of Macromill, Inc. and Bellsystem24 Holdings, Inc. on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- M/A-COM Technology Solutions, in its acquisition of FiBest Limited.
- Bain Capital in its leveraged tender offers for all of the shares of Yukiguni Maitake Co., Ltd. and Japan Wind Development Co., Ltd.
- Bain Capital in its leveraged acquisition of the Oedo Onsen Monogatari Co., Ltd.
- Bain Capital, as selling shareholder, in the initial public offering of Skylark Co., Ltd., which valued the company at approximately $2 billion. The transaction was awarded the “2015 Equity Deal of the Year” by the ALB.
- Bain Capital in the approximately $500 million leveraged tender offer for all of the shares of Macromill, Inc.
- Bain Capital in its partial sale of Domino’s Pizza Japan, Inc. to Domino’s Pizza Enterprises.
- Bain Capital in its partial sale of ownership in Bellsystem24 Holdings, Inc. to Itochu Corporation.