Viacheslav (Slava) Iavorskyi joined the litigation and enforcement department of Ropes & Gray’s Hong Kong office as an associate in 2019. He advises multiple international investment banking, asset management and private equity firms on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and trade compliance due diligence for investments in Asia. Prior to joining the firm, Slava trained at a leading international law firm with a strong focus on complex cross-border litigation, regulatory enforcement and investigation matters. Slava is currently on a temporary assignment in the Tokyo office.
Notable transactions in which Slava has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised a bank on concurrent proceedings in England and China in relation to a cross-currency swap dispute.
- Advised a bank in relation to a regulatory investigation into its hiring practices of interns and junior employees.
- Advised a company in relation to an investigation involving price fixing allegations in Hong Kong.
- Advised a group of companies in relation to an investigation involving cartel offence allegations in Hong Kong.
- Advising a bank in relation to a regulatory investigation into an alleged manipulation of a foreign currency benchmark by one of its traders.