Adjoa Kwarteng is an associate in the finance group of Ropes & Gray’s London office.
Adjoa has experience advising both sponsors, corporate borrowers and financial institutions on domestic and cross-border leveraged and acquisition financing and syndicated financing transactions, and in restructuring and special situations.
In 2020, Adjoa completed a secondment with a leading investment bank working on leveraged finance transaction executions.
Adjoa is a member of the London Diversity Committee and interviewed a senior Member of Parliament in 2021 for Black History Month; and she has been involved in pro bono projects for Kind UK and qLegal and actively involved in Graduate Recruitment events.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray Adjoa worked advising in the banking, mergers and acquisitions and international arbitration spheres of another prestigious international law firm, in both their London and Dubai offices.
- Advised BVI Medical, a TPG Capital portfolio company, in connection with obtaining €595 million of first and second lien financing for the cross-border acquisition of PhysIOL Group SA from TA Associates
- Advised Altice in connection with obtaining stapled financing commitments and the entry into €1.9 billion senior secured credit facilities to finance the deployment of fibre-to-home infrastructure by SFR FTTH
- Advised Bridgepoint on the financing package in connection with its acquisition of IDHL
- Advised 3i Group plc on its c. £125 million investment alongside management for a majority stake in MPM
- Advised a global leading asset manager in its financing to a global multimedia communications group to complete its recapitalisation and refinancing its existing syndicated credit facilities
- Advised Abraaj Holdings on its global restructuring and liquidation proceedings*
- Advised an international education company, in connection with the provision of a new margin loan facility*
- Advised the lender group on an acquisition financing in respect of the sponsor’s bid for certain leading central and eastern European beer brands*
- Advised Perstorp Holdings on its refinancing worth over US$800 million involving super senior revolving loan facilities, high yield notes and mezzanine facility*
- Advised an international financial institution as agent, in connection with the repricing of the financing arrangements for a European retail brand*