Laura Kayani joined the corporate and private equity transactions department of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2017. Prior to joining the firm, Laura was an associate in the corporate team of a large international law firm.
Laura has a wide range of experience advising clients on domestic and international M&A transactions and providing general corporate law advice, with particular experience of acting for private equity investors, management teams and portfolio companies on investments, acquisitions, disposals and restructurings.
- Advised Partners Group, acting on behalf of its clients, on the agreement to invest in Exus, a leading European infrastructure asset management firm focused on the renewable energy sector. Partners Group plans to commit up to EUR 1 billion in growth capital.
- Advised Astorg on the demerger of Fastmarkets from Delinian, formerly known as Euromoney Institutional Investor plc
- Advised Avista Capital Partners and Nordic Capital and Swiss pharmaceutical company Acino on the sale of Acino to ADQ
- Advised Pulsant, one of the leading nationwide providers of data centre and cloud infrastructure in the UK, on its sale from Oak Hill Capital and Scottish Equity Partners to Antin Infrastructure Partners
- Advised Partners Group on its acquisition of Pharmathen, a European pharmaceutical company, from international investment firm BC Partners on behalf of its clients. The transaction values Pharmathen at an enterprise value of around EUR1.6 billion
- Advised 3i Group plc on its c. £125 million investment alongside management for a majority stake in MPM, an international leader in branded, premium, natural pet food
- Advised Partners Group on its acquisition of a major equity stake in Rovensa, a leading Portuguese-headquartered provider of specialty crop nutrition, biocontrol and protection products, from Bridgepoint
- Advised Avista Capital Partners on its joint acquisition with VHC Investco of Vision Healthcare, one of Europe’s fastest-growing omni-channel and direct-to-consumer health care companies
- Acting for Avista Capital on the sale of Trimb Healthcare, a leading consumer health care company based in Stockholm, for SEK 3.4 billion
- Advised Axcel on its acquisition of Phase One, a technology business specialising in high-end digital imaging software and equipment
- Advised Epiris on its acquisition of Diamorph AB (publ), a supplier of advanced material solutions, from shareholders including Serendipity Group and Investment AB Latour (publ) as majority shareholders
- Advised Epiris on its acquisition of Bonhams, the global auction house, from private shareholders
- Acting for Ares Management on the sale of its portfolio company Cordium – a leading provider of governance, risk and compliance services – to ACA Compliance Group
- Advised the founders of Thomas International, a leading international provider of psychometric assessment solutions, on the sale of a majority stake in the company to Palamon Capital Partners, a pan-European growth investor
Notable transactions in which Laura has been involved in prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for LDC on a number of management buy-outs, including of internationally recognised rimfire ammunition manufacturer Eley, shower specialist Aqualisa and the UK's largest independent 2-man next day home delivery provider Panther Logistics
- Advising Birmingham City Council on the sale of the NEC Group (comprising the NEC, Genting Arena, Resorts World, the ICC and the Barclaycard Arena) to LDC in a deal which valued the NEC Group at £307 million
- Advising Ladbrokes and Coral on the sale of 360 licenced betting offices to Betfred and Stan James as part of the Ladbrokes Coral merger
- Advising Rigby Capital on a number of pan-European acquisitions
Ropes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).