Natasha is a senior funds attorney practicing in the private investment funds group. Natasha began her practice at Ropes & Gray in 2003 in the tax and benefits group and became counsel in 2013. After having practiced as a tax lawyer for nearly 14 years with a large emphasis on investments in and by private investment funds, Natasha currently focuses on analyzing and negotiating investments in real estate funds, private equity funds, hedge funds, venture capital funds and co-investments on behalf of institutional investors. As part of her practice at Ropes & Gray, she has had extensive experience in structuring and negotiating investments and joint ventures on behalf of various types of investors, including non-U.S. and tax-exempt institutional investors and high net worth individuals. Given Natasha's long focus on tax aspects of investments, she has a particular strong background in economic and tax matters faced by institutional investors, with a particular expertise on partnerships that involve investments through REITs. Natasha has also worked regularly with domestic and non-U.S. fund sponsors in connection with the formation and operation of private equity funds, hedge funds, real estate funds, and fund-of-funds.
- Represented a non-U.S. pension fund investor in connection with its joint venture to acquire malls throughout the United States.
- Represented an international financial institution in connection with a co-investment by its high net worth investors in a luxury condominium development in New York City.
- Represented a tax-exempt organization in connection with its joint ventures to acquire real estate and natural resources throughout the United States.
- Represented an international financial institution in connection with investments by its high net worth investors in hedge funds, real estate funds and private equity funds.
- Represented PIMCO, Neuberger Berman, Kohlberg & Company in connection with fund formations.