Risa Kuroda is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department. Risa practices primarily in the firm’s private capital transactions group and represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, equity investments and financings. Risa also conducts extensive research to evaluate emerging technologies and digital assets and their relationship to Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) principles. She also assists on cross-border regulatory and transactional matters focusing on artificial intelligence and blockchain-related technologies. In her pro bono practice, Risa provides non-profit development support for environmental and environmental justice organizations, and defends victims of cryptocurrency related fraud.
Risa earned a dual JD/Masters of Science in Sustainability, focusing on corporate social responsibility and ESG. During law school, Risa interned at Beth Israel Lahey Health (BIDMC) and Mass General Brigham’s sustainability department. She also served as a selected researcher for the Harvard Law & International Development Society and as an executive board member of the Boston College Environmental Law Society.
- Represented Genstar Capital and its portfolio company Signant Health in an undisclosed acquisition of a leading provider of software solutions for clinical trial conduct.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its acquisition of Flow Control Solutions, a specialist supplier of pipeline equipment, valves, actuators, assemblies and controls.
- Represented AVALT, a family office that makes direct private equity investments, in the purchase of Ned Stevens, a leading provider of residential gutter cleaning and essential exterior home services.
- Assisted in the representation of McAfee Corp. throughout its $14 billion sale to a private equity consortium.
- Provides ongoing ESG Diligence services for private equity acquisitions.