Ian Longacre is a senior attorney in Ropes & Gray’s intellectual property transactions group. His practice focuses on representing biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies in all manner of transactions involving technology and intellectual property, including: research, development and commercialization collaborations; licensing; joint ventures; mergers and acquisitions; supply, distribution and co-promotion relationships; and other strategic commercial transactions.
Prior to joining the firm in 2023, Ian was an associate in the intellectual property transactions group in the Boston office of another premier international law firm and served as director of legal at a private biotech company.
- Represented FibroGen, Inc. in its exclusive license and option transaction with HiFiBiO Therapeutics
- Represented EQRx in a number of strategic collaboration and license agreements
- Represented Dragonfly Therapeutics in a number of strategic collaboration agreements with big pharma partners relating to the out-licensing of Dragonfly’s proprietary TriNKET and cytokine technologies. Big pharma partners include Gilead, BMS, Merck, and AbbVie*
- Represented Skyhawk Therapeutics, Inc. in a number of strategic collaboration agreements with big pharma partners relating to the out-licensing of Skyhawk’s proprietary small molecule, RNA splicing technology. Big pharma partners include Merck, Genentech (a member of the Roche Group), Celgene Corporation, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, and Biogen*
- Represented Vedere Bio, Inc., a novel optogenetics AAV gene therapy company, in its acquisition by Novartis for $150 million upfront and up to $280 million in total, and the spin out of certain earlier-stage vision restoration and preservation assets into a newly formed entity – Vedere Bio II, Inc.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray