Carl Marcellino is a partner based in the New York office. Carl has a broad transactional practice, representing a mix of public and private corporate and private equity investment fund clients on a range of transactions of global significance. Specifically, Carl has led representations involving mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), preferred equity investments, and PIPE investments, as well as various securities offerings and compliance and governance matters. He has represented, and continues to represent, some of the most noteworthy private equity investment firms in the global marketplace including H.I.G. Capital, New Mountain Capital, TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, as well as their portfolio companies.
- Represented Astra, a rocket launch startup that provides satellite delivery service, in its US$2.1 billion business combination with Holicity, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- Represented HIG Capital in its acquisition of Continental Battery Holding Corp., a distributor of aftermarket batteries to the electric utility vehicle (EUV), automotive, commercial, marine and industrial markets.
- Represented publicly held Longview Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its US$1.5 billion business combination with Butterfly Network, a digital health company.
- Represented HIG Capital in its acquisition of Capstone Logistics, a provider of outsourced supply chain solutions to distribution centers catering primarily to the grocery, food service, and retail industries.
- Represented HIG Capital in its acquisition of St. Croix Hospice, a provider of hospice care across the Midwest United States.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its investment in Inframark, an infrastructure services company focused on operation and maintenance of water and wastewater systems.
- Represented publicly held The Habit Restaurants, a casual dining restaurant operator, in its sale to YUM! Brands for $375 million.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its acquisition of eMids, a leader in digital engineering and transformation solutions to the healthcare industry.
- Represented TPG Growth in the formation of Independent Pet Partners, an operator of pet foods, pet supply and pet grooming companies.
- Represented TPG Growth’s global impact fund, The Rise Fund, in its investment in Zipline, the world’s leading provider of drone delivery for healthcare services.
- Represented publicly held Surgery Partners, a healthcare services company, in its US$760 million acquisition of private-equity backed National Surgical Healthcare.
- Represented publicly held Norcraft Companies, a manufacturer of kitchen and bathroom cabinetry in the U.S. and Canada, in its US$600 million sale to Fortune Brands Home & Security.
- Represented United Surgical Partners, an operator of ambulatory surgery and short-stay medical facilities, in its sale, along with Aspen Healthcare, to Tenet Healthcare.