Jaclyn Malmed is an associate in the intellectual property transactions group at Ropes & Gray. Jaclyn’s practice includes advising private equity firms, lenders and other companies on a range of corporate transactions where intellectual property and technology are key elements, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, investments, IPOs and other strategic commercial transactions.
Jaclyn has worked with clients across a wide range of industries, including technology and software, education, health care, consumer brands, investment management, private equity and other financial services.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in its multi-billion-dollar acquisition of a provider of higher education software solutions.*
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in a carve-out acquisition of a government services provider’s information technology and mission support services business.*
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in its multi-billion-dollar acquisition of a provider of end-to-end technology solutions for the health care industry.*
- Represented a SPAC affiliated with a New York-based private equity firm in its acquisition of a global Internet of Things (IoT) solutions provider.*
- Advised education institution clients on responses to security and data breaches.*
- Advised a grocery retail chain in its initial public offering of 50 million shares, as well as the issuance and sale of $1.75 billion in convertible preferred equity.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray