Jessica Marlin advises private fund sponsors on all aspects of their businesses, including fund formation, management company matters, and regulatory and compliance issues, focusing on bespoke products and diverse business lines. Jessica has a particular focus on representing sponsors of credit funds and hedge funds.
Jessica also represents large institutional investors and secondaries buyers with capital deployment in alternatives, negotiating anchor investments in primary private fund investments, secondary transactions and GP-led continuation vehicles. Jessica’s regulatory practice focuses on advising private fund sponsors on complex conflicts and regulatory issues, especially involving multiple business lines.
With a background that includes in-house hedge fund experience, she brings a practical understanding of client issues and in-depth knowledge of complex fund structures and the overall regulatory landscape to her legal work for asset management clients.
- Advises private credit fund managers on their flagship open and closed end private credit strategies.
- Advises several of the largest secondaries buyers in the negotiation of anchor investments in continuation vehicles and other related transactions.
- Advises several large private fund managers with respect to their conflicts, regulatory and compliance matters, including implementation of the SEC’s new Marketing Rules.
- Advised a hedge fund sponsor on the negotiation of its seed arrangement and all aspects of its launch, fund and management company formation, and continues to advise on day-to-day issues.
- Represented a longstanding registered investment adviser with the launch of its first private credit fund, with both open ended and closed end feeders, and a market-contingent capital call structure.
- Represented a sponsor on the launch of its hybrid infrastructure debt fund initially raising $1 billion in commitments.
- Represented an insurance company in the negotiation of its $1 billion bespoke, fund-of-one, co-investment arrangement with a US-based investment adviser.
- Represented a company with the implementation of an evergreen vehicle purchasing interests in underlying offerings of whole artwork.
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund with its $800 million investment in a large, North American private equity fund.
- Represented an activist investment manager with the launch of its first impact fund.