Joe Muller is an associate in the venture capital & emerging companies practice group at Ropes & Gray. He advises life sciences and technology companies and venture capital, institutional and strategic investors on formation and startup matters, venture capital, growth equity and other minority equity financing transactions, general corporate and governance matters, and a variety of strategic transactions including joint ventures, licensing, collaboration and commercial agreements, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented Camp4 Therapeutics in its $100 million Series B financing and in ongoing corporate matters.
- Represented BlackRock in leading a minority investment of over $90 million in MACRO, a multi-platform media company representing the voice and perspectives of people of color.
- Represented Crosspoint Capital Partners in various investments, including in leading a $50 million Series C investment in Afero, in an initial investment and in leading a €65 million Series A follow-on in Everseen, in leading a $56 million Series B investment in ReversingLabs, and in other matters.
- Represented IDRx in a license agreement with and Series A Preferred Stock equity issuance to Blueprint Medicines Corporation.
- Represented Pfizer in a novel strategic partnership with Flagship Pioneering to explore opportunities to develop 10 single-asset programs by leveraging Flagship’s ecosystem of more than 40 human health companies and multiple biotechnology platforms, with Pfizer having an option to acquire each development program and Flagship and its platform companies eligible to receive up to $700M in milestones and royalties for each successfully commercialized program.
- Regularly represents Pfizer Ventures in various investments, including in leading an $80 million Series A investment in Crossbow Therapeutics, in its Series A investments in DEM BioPharma, Kestrel Therapeutics and Mediar Therapeutics, and in other matters.
- Represented Solarea Bio in its Series A and Series B financings and in ongoing corporate matters.
- Represented a biomanufacturing company in a strategic collaboration with a biotechnology company.
- Represented a biotechnology company in establishing a joint venture with a global pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a leading institutional investor in 20+ venture investments while working in-house on secondment from Ropes & Gray; regularly represents the same institutional investor in in various investments and in other matters.