Melicia N. Morris joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the asset management group. Melicia represents fund sponsors in the formation and offering of private equity funds and advises investment managers on regulatory compliance with securities laws. Melicia also represents institutional investors in connection with their investments in private funds and alternative assets, including equity and debt investments. In addition, Melicia maintains an active pro bono practice and regularly represents small business owners on corporate matters in partnership with Lawyers for Civil Rights. Melicia also serves as a lead associate for the Ropes & Gray Women’s Forum and is a co-chair of the Black Women Lawyers Group.
- Representing private fund sponsors in connection with the structuring and formation of open-end and closed-end funds, as well as single-investor funds.
- Representing institutional investors in connection with primary investments and co-investments.
- Advising institutional and other investors in connection with secondary transactions for both the acquisition and disposition of private fund interests.
- Representing private equity advisers in registering as investment advisers with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Assisting private fund managers with ongoing compliance matters and the preparation of compliance policies and procedures.