Nicholas Matthew joined the private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office as an associate in 2017. Since joining Ropes & Gray, Nicholas has spent 12 months on secondment in the firm’s New York office. Prior to joining the firm, Nicholas qualified and practised as a solicitor with a Silver Circle law firm in London. Nicholas has also spent time in-house working with the corporate legal team at an asset management company.
- Advised Bridgepoint on its acquisition of SK AeroSafety Group, a global leader in aviation safety component maintenance, repair and overhaul services
- Advised Astorg on the demerger of Fastmarkets from Delinian, formerly known as Euromoney Institutional Investor plc.
- Advised Envision Pharma Group, a portfolio company of GHO Capital Partners, on its acquisition of OKRA.ai, an award-winning technology company active in the provision of artificial intelligence (AI) solutions for the healthcare industry.
- Advising American Industrial Partners on the disposal of CR Mining, a manufacturing company in the mining industry.
- Advised Astorg on its acquisition of the Fastmarkets business division of Euromoney Institutional Investor, as part of a £1.61bn acquisition of the financial publisher of Euromoney by Astorg and Epiris
- Advised Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Achilles, a supply chain risk and performance management business
- Advised Intermediate Capital Group in connection with an investment by Aeternum Capital, Government Pension Fund Norway (Folketrygdfondet), Vind, GIC and certain existing institutional investors in Visma
- Advised Inflexion and other shareholders (including the management team) on the sale of Reed & Mackay, a premium corporate travel management and events business, to TripActions, a U.S.-headquartered business travel and spend management platform
- Advised SC Health Corp., a special purpose acquisitions company, in its proposed merger with Rockley Photonics, Ltd, a leading integrated photonics chipset developer and module supplier for high-volume sensor and communication products
- Advised Bridgepoint on its investment in digital marketing agency IDHL
- Advised Envision Pharma Group, a portfolio company of GHO Capital Partners, on its acquisition of Two Labs, an industry-leading provider of integrated and customized commercial solutions to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector
- Acting for GHO Capital Partners on its acquisition (alongside the existing Envision management team and employees) of a majority stake in Envision Pharma Group, a leading technology-enabled scientific communications company
- Acting for TPG Capital and its portfolio company Entertainment Partners on its acquisition of We Got POP Ltd
- Acting for Bridgepoint and its portfolio company HKA on its acquisition of The Kenrich Group
- Acting for TPG Capital and its portfolio company Beaver-Visitec on its acquisition of PhysIOL Group SA
- Acting for the founder sellers on their sale of the Cathelco Group to the Bridgepoint-backed Evac Group
- Acting for Reed Mackay, an international travel management company, on its acquisition of Hillgate Travel
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with:
- the acquisition of NGA UK, a UK payroll and HR business from NGA Human Resources
- the acquisition of Benefex, an HR technology business
- Acting for CCMP on the £600million sale of Pure Gym, the largest UK gym chain by membership
- Acting for Profile Capital Management on its acquisition of Little Dish, a UK-headquartered children’s food business
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on the US$5.3billion consortium buyout of Visma, Europe's largest ever software buyout
Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital on its acquisition of Lifetime Training
- Acting for Caledonia Investments on its acquisition of the Liberation Group
- Acting for Exponent on its acquisition of the Leisure Pass Group
- Acting for Epiris on its disposal of the Davies Group
- Acting for the management team on the sale of Audiotonix