Ryan McCaffrey joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department in 2021. Ryan represents companies, private equity firms, and investment banks in complex strategic transactions including mergers, acquisitions, and public offerings, as well as corporate governance matters.
Ryan has an active pro bono practice. Currently, he co-chairs the Dorchester House Housing Court Initiative. He has successfully represented clients before military discharge review boards, helped advise key international government stakeholders in transitional justice initiatives, represented domestic violence victims in civil matters (such as obtaining restraining orders against their abuser), and aided individuals in their asylum cases.
Outside of work, Ryan is an active member of his local community. He has run 15 Boston Marathons for the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge, raising over $120,000 for cancer research. He also is the Deputy Captain of the Ropes & Gray Pan-Mass Challenge Team, which recently surpassed $3 million raised for Dana-Farber, making it one of PMC’s leading long-time supporters. Ryan is honored to serve on the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court’s Alternative Paths to Bar Admission subcommittee as well as Boston College Law School’s Law Day Committee.
Prior to joining Ropes and Gray, Ryan spent almost three years as an Assistant District Attorney with the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office. Before that, Ryan worked for an international law firm in Silicon Valley, where he advised start-ups in all phases from inception to exit.
- Represented Acceleron Therapeutics, a biotechnology company, in its $11.5 billion sale to Merck.
- Represented Galderma in connection with its sale of Alchemee (formerly The Proactiv Company) to Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Represented GI Partners, a private investment firm, in its $1.05 billion acquisition of Atlas Technical Consultants, a leading provider of infrastructure and environmental solutions.
- Represented European Wax Center, a global chain of hair removal salons, and the selling stockholder in the company’s $111 million follow-on offering and in the company’s $400 million whole-business securitization transaction.
- Represented Novavax, Inc., a clinical-stage vaccine company, in its $175.25 million offering of convertible senior notes and $74.75 million public offering of common stock.
- Represented Raymond James as lead underwriter in connection with Granite Point Mortgage Trust REIT $100 million offering of shares if its Series A Fixed to Floating Cumulative Stock.