Takashi Nakamura joined Ropes & Gray’s private equity transactions group in 2021. His practice focuses primarily on advising private equity funds, venture capital funds, corporate clients and financial investors in mergers and acquisitions, investments and other general corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Takashi practiced at a major Japanese law firm. Takashi has a wide range of experience advising clients on M&A transactions, supply and distribution arrangements, contract disputes, labor law issues, governmental investigations, anti-takeover measures, shareholder meeting procedures, and other general corporate matters, including digital transformation related issues.
- Represented a Japanese investment fund in its multimillion-dollar equity investment into a German urban air mobility company.*
- Represented a Japanese investment fund in its multimillion-dollar equity investment into a Japanese FinTech startup company.*
- Represented a Japanese advanced products company in its multimillion-dollar equity investment into a Vietnamese global supplier of midstream tungsten products.*
- Represented a U.S. affiliate of a Japanese restaurant conglomerate in its acceptance of a multimillion-dollar equity investment by a U.S. private equity group.*
- Represented a Washington beverage company in its acquisition of a Washington brewing company.*
- Represented a Japanese real estate company in its capital and business alliance with an Australian real estate company.*
- Represented a Japanese post company in its multibillion-dollar acquisition of an Australian logistics company.*
- Represented a Japanese media company in its multibillion-dollar merger with a Japanese media company.*
- Advised a Japanese company on governmental investigations and lawsuits related to alleged cartel behavior.*
- Counseled several TSE-listed companies on the establishment of anti-takeover measures and shareholder meeting procedures.*
- Assisted a Japanese internet media company with litigation between two leading internet media companies.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray