Steven’s practice focuses on M&A transactions and VC/growth equity investments involving software and other technology companies.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Tactical Value in its investment in OneTeam Partners.
- Represented Centerbridge Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in their joint acquisition of Medical Solutions, a provider of staffing services to healthcare facilities.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its acquisition of Rensa Filtration, an operator of an investment holding company focused on commercial and industrial air filtration systems.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its acquisition of Flow Control Solutions, a specialist supplier of pipeline equipment, valves, actuators, assemblies and controls.
- Represented Audax Private Equity and Emplifi in the sale of a stake in Emplifi, a leading provider of CX software, to Sixth Street Growth, a leading global investment firm.
- Represented The Rise Fund, TPG's global impact investing platform, in its lead investment in the $200M Series D financing of Human Interest, a software company that provides 401(k) management software.
- Represented The Rise Fund in its co-lead investment in the $101M Series B financing of Persefoni AI, a software company that provides climate accounting software.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its majority acquisition of Flashpoint, a leading provider of actionable threat intelligence and intelligence automation for commercial and government customers.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its investment in Team Cymru, Inc., a global leader in cyber threat intelligence.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its recapitalization of irth Solutions, a leading provider of 811 ticket management and field service management software.
- Represented GHO Capital in its sale of Caprion, a specialized laboratory service business serving pharma and biotech companies, providing specialized flow cytometry immune monitoring and quantitative mass spectrometry proteomics, to Arsenal Capital.
- Represented U.S. technology companies in developing international IP portfolios.
- Represented U.S. medical technology company in strategic portfolio development to protect a cutting edge cardiovascular technology and assisted in U.S. and European patent office disputes.
- Assisted a U.S. medical technology company in U.S. and European patent office disputes, and in strategic portfolio development to protect a cutting edge cardiovascular technology.
- Assisted a medical device company in relation to patent revocation proceedings before the UK High Court.
- Assisted a U.S. consumer electronic and drug delivery device manufacturer in challenging several competitor patents through inter partes review proceedings at the PTAB.