Anna Pugh is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s antitrust team. Anna trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the antitrust, private equity and special situations departments and the finance department in the Hong Kong office.
Anna advises clients on EU and UK competition and regulatory law matters. Anna’s experience includes inquiries before the EU Commission and UK Competition and Markets Authority; advising on mergers and acquisitions; as well as advising on matters of EU public policy.
- Advised Bloomberg on antitrust aspects of its planned acquisition of Broadway Technology, a cutting-edge provider of high-performance front-office fintech solutions.
- Advised AEA Investors on its sale of LoneStar to Epiris
- Advised Bain Capital in connection with its:
- $18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation from Toshiba Corporation, by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium including Apple, Seagate Technology, Kingston Technology, Hoya, Dell Technologies and SK Hynix;
- acquisition of Lite-On Technology Corporation; and
- $7.5 billion leveraged tender offer for Hitachi Metals.
- Advised Baring Private Equity Asia in connection with its:
- $7.3 billion merger with EQT;
- $800 million acquisition of IGT Solutions;
- $1.2 billion acquisition of the Healthcare Services business of Hinduja Global Solutions Limited;
- acquisition of Straive, a global provider of technology-driven content and data solutions; and
- sale of the global surgical business of Lumenis LTD. to Boston Scientific
- Advised BDT & Co in connection with its merger with MSD Partners LP.
- Advised Google before the Competition Commission of India in its acquisition of an interest in Reliance Jio Platforms valued at $4.5 billion
- Advised Google in relation to multi-jurisdictional competition law investigations
- Representation for Veeam Software Holdings in the antitrust aspects of its $5 billion acquisition by Insight Partners
- Represented Vista Equity Partners in their investment, along with TA Associates, in Aptean
- Represented Genstar Capital Partners in their investment, along with TA Associates, in insightsoftware
- Represented Kennedy-Wilson Holdings in their joint venture investments with AXA Group.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia in its $381 million acquisition of NIIT Technologies Limited (public to private)
- Represented Milacron Holdings Corp. in the antitrust aspects of its pending $2 billion cash and stock merger with Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Advised Bain Capital on its US$18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation from Toshiba Corporation, by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium including Apple, Seagate Technology, Kingston Technology, Hoya, Dell Technologies and SK Hynix
- Advised Medtronic on the CMA review of its preferred partnership with Animas Corporation