Joey is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity real estate team, resident in London.
Joey advises investors on their UK and European real estate deals and in all aspects of real estate, including joint ventures, co-investments, direct and indirect acquisitions and disposals, sale and leasebacks, financings and forward purchase and forward funding acquisitions. His clients include PE / RE funds, special situations funds, pension funds, private wealth, operating partners and developers.
Joey has experience across all types of real estate investments of varied risk profiles, including distressed and non-distressed structures. His broad sector experience includes real estate life sciences, logistics and industrial, data centres, residential (build to rent and build to sell), student accommodation, offices, retail and leisure and hotels.
- Brookfield, alongside its operator and manager, Copley Point Capital, on a £125 million joint venture recapitalization of three big-box distribution warehouses from Tritax Big Box REIT
- A global real estate investment firm on a programmatic joint venture with a UK build to rent specialist developer and on the joint venture’s first seed forward purchase acquisition
- A North American RE fund on a series of UK based build to rent forward purchases, structured by way of W&I backed share acquisitions
- A global pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of a distressed UK-based real estate life science research and manufacturing facility
- A tier 1 investment bank on a joint venture co-investment for a c.£300m London-based redevelopment scheme
- A global real estate investment firm on a series of direct and indirect acquisitions and financings of UK-based residential and holiday park businesses
- A pension fund on the pre-let development of a hotel
- A pension fund on the forward funding golden brick acquisition of a UK build-to-rent development.
- The administrators on the distressed pre-pack sale of a well-known high-street retailer
- A pension fund on various real estate acquisitions, disposals and financings across numerous asset classes, including office buildings, supermarkets and a shopping centre