Eli S. Rosenbaum is counsel in Ropes & Gray's asset management group.
Eli is a trusted advisor to some of the largest and most prominent institutional limited partners in private funds. Clients engage Eli on their highest-priority investment matters, including complex fund formations, fund restructurings, and anchor and seed investments, as well as to manage key relationships with asset managers and other counterparties.
Eli has broad knowledge of the private funds market and its evolution. Clients turn to Eli for his insight into the market, along with his practicality, candor, and business sense. They rely on Eli to advocate for their interests and priorities while navigating sensitive negotiating dynamics. His clients appreciate that he keeps top-of-mind the importance of their long-term relationships with investment partners, and what it means to be a repeat player in the world of private fund negotiations.
- Clients include university endowments, hospital systems, private foundations, non-U.S. and sovereign investors, and pension funds.
- Regularly advises on investments in buyout, hedge, venture, credit, real estate, natural resources, and evergreen funds.
- Counsels institutional investors on governance and policy matters, compliance, and internal operations.
- Advises fund investors on GP-led restructurings, secondary purchases and sales, and co-investments.
- In addition to his work with limited partners, Eli also represents sponsors of private funds with respect to formation, governance, and compliance matters.