Charlie Shephard joined the corporate and private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office as an associate in 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Charlie trained at another leading international law firm in London.
Charlie's experience includes acting for private equity investors and portfolio companies on M&A transactions as well as advising on general corporate law and governance issues.
In 2022, Charlie spent four months on secondment to Partners Group, a global private markets investment manager, where he acted as a member of the in-house transaction legal team.
- Advised Francisco Partners on its £175 million ($223.6 million) acquisition of AIM quoted Blancco Technology Group plc.
- Advised Partners Group, acting on behalf of its clients, on the agreement to invest in Exus, a leading European infrastructure asset management firm focused on the renewable energy sector.
- Advised Partners Group on its investment in GHO Capital Partners’ portfolio company Sterling Pharma Solutions, a global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization.
- Advised New Mountain Capital, and its portfolio company Datavant, on the acquisition of Convenet, a health technology infrastructure company.
- Advised Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) on its investment in Travel Chapter, one of the UK’s leading holiday rental platforms, supporting the sale of the company to its management team from private equity firm ECI Partners.
- Advised New Mountain Capital, and its portfolio company Datavant, in the acquisition of ;the Mirador Analytics group, a leading HIPAA Expert Determination provider.
- Advised TPG Capital and Francisco Partners in their US$4 billion acquisition of Boomi, a leading provider of cloud-based integration platform as a service (iPaaS), from Dell Technologies.