Isaac Sommers joined Ropes & Gray’s Washington, D.C. office in 2022 as part of the litigation and enforcement practice group. During law school, Isaac participated in both the Cyberlaw and Crimmigration Clinics. Isaac also interned at the Federal Public Defender’s Capital Habeas Unit in the Western District of Missouri and at the West Virginia Attorney General’s Office, providing appellate litigation research and drafting support on a variety of matters. Isaac also interned for a private criminal defense attorney, drafting an appellate brief in defense of a statutory interpretation of criminal code that was ultimately affirmed by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals. He served as an executive editor for the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy and as an article editor for both the Harvard Latinx Law Review and the Harvard Human Rights Journal.
Following graduation, in 2021, Isaac served as a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Jeremy D. Kernodle of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented a major financial institution in litigation filed in federal court in the Southern District of New York concerning alleged business torts arising from client relationships. Assisted with dispositive motion research and drafting, discovery, and offensive depositions.
- Representing a healthcare company in federal data privacy litigation by providing dispositive motion research and drafting.
- Represented a healthcare company during a Department of Justice second request concerning a corporate merger.
- Representing a transportation company in an appellate litigation matter involving contract interpretation.
- Assisted a public interest group with research support for a pro bono post-conviction claim.
- Represented a major commerce client by providing appellate litigation research and support for a matter under consideration by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Representing a private equity firm in an arbitration dispute by assisting in motions drafting and research and in preparation for depositions.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company by providing legal advice in support of a corporate merger.
- Provided research and drafting support for an amicus brief involving an 8th Amendment claim of solitary confinement.
- Involved with Ropes & Gray’s Artificial Intelligence practice group and provides litigation updates on matters relating to AI.