Nataša is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation & enforcement group. She focuses her practice on white-collar criminal defense, domestic and cross-border internal investigations, civil litigation, and antitrust matters.
Nataša has extensive experience counseling clients in connection with matters involving alleged violations of anti-corruption laws (including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act), anti-money laundering laws, sanctions and export control laws, and anti-competition laws, among other offenses. Nataša counsels clients in both government-facing enforcement and regulatory actions, as well as in internal investigations worldwide.
Nataša also routinely assists clients in conducting compliance risk assessments, and analyzing, enhancing, and developing internal compliance frameworks, including in the life sciences, energy, banking, technology, education, manufacturing, aviation, and private equity sectors, among others. Nataša regularly assists clients in post-acquisition compliance integration, as well as periodic compliance monitoring of portfolio companies and subsidiaries.
Nataša maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients in both criminal defense and civil litigation matters.
Nataša is fluent in Serbian, Croatian, and Bosnian.
During law school, Nataša was the Managing Editor of the Fordham Urban Law Journal, and worked throughout law school as a legal assistant at another global law firm. She also competed in the New York Intellectual Property Law Association’s Third Annual Moot Court Program, arguing before the Second Circuit on the Ropes & Gray team.
- Represents clients, including individuals, financial services institutions, life-sciences companies, and various public companies in investigations by DOJ, SEC, FINRA, and SFO, among other government regulators and authorities.
- Conducts cross-border internal and regulatory investigations throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Latin America related to alleged violations of the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, anti-competition laws, privacy laws, and internal compliance policies and procedures for a number of leading pharmaceutical and medical technology clients, as well as clients in the banking, energy, and manufacturing industries, among others.
- Assists Independent FCPA Compliance Monitor appointed by DOJ in connection with a three-year monitorship in the natural resources industry as part of the company’s deferred prosecution agreement.
- Counsels clients on development of new—or enhancement of existing—compliance frameworks, including drafting or revising of policies, procedures, training programs, and investigative protocols on a risk-basis and in light of relevant regulatory guidance, enforcement actions, and best practices, as well as implementation of other risk-mitigation measures.
- Performs pre-acquisition due diligence for private equity firms and other clients focused on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and trade control risk.
- Conducts international anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and trade control risk monitoring of various client portfolio companies.
- Supported Independent Compliance Monitor appointed by DOJ and SEC in connection with a three-year monitorship as part of the airline manufacturer’s deferred prosecution agreement.
- Counseled biotechnology clients in connection with CITES export permitting matters before the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Represented multinational technology company in monopolization lawsuit.
- Represented technology manufacturer in EC investigation of non-solicitation agreement.
- Represented academic institution in connection with internal investigations of serious misconduct.