Ningzhou Shen is an associate in the tax group. Ningzhou advises private equity and other clients on the federal income tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and other transactional tax matters, both domestic and cross-border, and represents private fund managers and investors on the formation and operation of private investment funds. Ningzhou also counsels tax-exempt clients in connection with a variety of matters, including transactions with for-profit and non-profit partners and unrelated business income tax issues.
During law school, Ningzhou was a teaching fellow at the Department of Economics at Harvard University and received a Certificate of Distinction in Teaching. She also served as a symposium chair for Harvard International Law Journal and a lead article editor for Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review.
- Advised Blackstone Mortgage Trust and Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies in the financing of its $6.4 billion acquisition of one of Australia’s largest entertainment groups.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its acquisition of Domtar Corporation’s Personal Care business for $920 million.
- Represented Novavax, Inc. in the acquisition of Praha Vaccines a.s., part of the Cyrus Poonawalla Group. The acquisition includes a biologics manufacturing facility and associated assets in Bohumil, Czech Republic.
- Advised Constitution Capital on the formation of its $1 billion fund, Ironsides V.
- Provided tax counsel to prominent tax-exempt organizations.