Shreya joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 in the Silicon Valley office as a member of the corporate department. Shreya represents clients in a variety of intellectual property, commercial, and corporate transactions, including licensing and collaboration, mergers and acquisitions, whole-business securitizations, and other strategic commercial transactions. Shreya works with a varied group of clients, including private equity and investment firms and biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and technology companies.
Shreya maintains an active pro bono practice representing individuals seeking asylum in the U.S. and local artists with various licensing needs. Shreya is an active participant in the firm’s affinity group, Ropes Multicultural Group, and other diversity and inclusion initiatives.
During law school, Shreya served as an editor-in-chief for the Asian American Law Journal, president of the South Asian Law Students Association and president of her school's Space Law Society. Additionally, she externed in the CDC's public health law program and with the Honorable William H. Orrick in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Whole Business Securitization
- Represented The European Wax Company in its $440 million offering under its whole-business securitization.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Investments
Private Equity. Represented PE investors and PE-backed acquirors in structuring and negotiating acquisitions and investments in a variety of technology sectors, including edtech, digital health, and fintech. Representative deals include:
- Represented GI Partners in its acquisition of GTY Technology Holdings, which offered an intuitive cloud-based suite of solutions for state and local governments, education institutions, and healthcare organizations.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Radiance Holdings, a beauty, wellness and self-care platform and franchise.
- Represented a consortium led by Silversmith Capital Partners and Health Velocity Capital in a majority investment in Fortified Health Security, a managed security services provider to the health care industry.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in its acquisition of Riveron, a national business advisory firm.
- Represented Lone View Capital in its majority stake acquisition of Smartlinx, a provider of workforce management solutions for the health care sector.
Strategic Mergers and Acquisitions. Represented strategic acquirers on mergers and acquisitions in various industries. Representative deals include:
- Represented Eversource Energy and its subsidiary Aquarion Company in their acquisition of the Torrington Water Company.
- Represented H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Inc and OncoBay Clinical, one of its for-profit subsidiaries, in an investment in OncoBay by a global clinical research organization.
- Represented AlerisLife Inc. in its acquisition by ABP Acquisition LLC.