George Taylor joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the private equity transactions group in the London office. George has a range of domestic and cross-border corporate experience primarily advising private companies on various deal types including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations.
Prior to joining the firm, George trained and qualified at another U.S. law firm in London. George also spent six months on secondment to the corporate team in Dubai.
- Advised Francisco Partners on its recommended £175 million cash offer for AIM quoted Blancco Technology
- Advised Astorg on the demerger of Fastmarkets from Delinian, formerly known as Euromoney Institutional Investor plc
- Advised Astorg on the acquisition of the Fastmarkets business division of Euromoney Institutional Investor, as part of a £1.61bn acquisition of the financial publisher of Euromoney by Astorg and Epiris
- Advised TPG and its portfolio company Footballco on the acquisition of Kooora, a Middle East digital sports publisher
- Advised 3i Group plc on its investment in Digital Barriers, a leading provider of IoVT (Internet of Video Things) surveillance and security products
- Advised Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) on its investment in Travel Chapter, one of the UK’s leading holiday rental platforms, supporting the sale of the company to its management team from private equity firm ECI Partners
- Advised 3i Group plc and GartenHaus on the acquisition of Outdoor Toys, one of the UK’s leading online retailers of outdoor garden toys
- Advised Bridgepoint on its acquisition of Achilles, a supply chain risk and performance management business