Hudson Todd joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 as an associate in the tax department. Hudson has experience representing sponsors in connection with the formation, structuring and operation of private investment funds. Hudson also advises fund sponsors and public and private companies on the tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, public offerings and debt issuances.
During law school, Hudson interned with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement. Prior to law school, he served as a teaching assistant in financial accounting at Vanderbilt University.
- Represented Pfizer in its US$11.6 billion acquisition of and spinoff transaction with Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company Ltd., the maker of NURTEC® ODT (rimegepant), an innovative migraine therapy approved for both acute treatment and prevention of episodic migraine in adults.
- Represented America’s Test Kitchen, a leading food and culinary media business, in their acquisition by Marquee Brands LLC., a leading global brand owner, marketer and media company.
- Represented The Michaels Companies, Inc. in its take-private transaction with Apollo Global Management.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of CorePower Yoga.
- Represented Advent International in its acquisition of a majority equity stake in Walmart Brazil.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its sale of Masergy, the owner and operator of one of the largest independent software-defined networking platforms in the world, to Comcast Business.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in connection with the public spinoff of Cyclerion Therapeutics, Inc. and related sponsor equity financing.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Tekni-Plex, Inc., a global company focused on developing highly engineered products, including medical tubing and compounds, pharma barrier films, dispensing components, closure liners and specialty food packaging.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of ExtraHop Networks, Inc., a cloud-native cybersecurity company.
- Represented TPG Capital in its acquisition of a majority stake in Nintex, a process management and workflow automation software provider, from Thoma Bravo.
Hudson assists a number of investment fund sponsors with fund formation and structuring matters and a number of institutional investors in connection with their investments in private equity, venture capital and hedge funds, including:
- AlpInvest Partners
- Fidelity Investments
- Golden Gate Capital
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Harvard University
- Makena Capital
- New Second Capital
- QHP Capital
- Stanford University
- Wellington Management
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe